Preowned Bags -- purchase ritual?

Well, Noisette is going for her spa treatment this Friday and then once she's back its Bolide's turn and then HAC. I'll feel like I have all new bags once they're all home again!!!!

Not that it will ever happen (DH is adamant about buying new from the store only) but I would probably take it in to get it cleaned/spruced up...unless it was a newer bag. I'd also buy it a new Twilly or something. :flowers:

nobody ever says its "ok" , unfortunately lol. they simply accept it for repair, etc or not. and i've been accepted for work on the bag twice by two different craftsmen so yeah. (once to get my initials embossed, and the 2nd time to have a thread stuffed into the piping.

I was told it was "okay" by Manuela. I specifically asked her and told her I was scared to death. I explained that I had purchased it from an antique furniture store which is true and was worried that I may have been duped. She asked me what I paid for it and told me I got a very good deal on the piece, that it was okay and in beautiful shape.

They will not even emboss or engrave anything if it is not theirs. So don't worry.

thats how i felt as well. and i still feel that way but all these new horror stories keep popping up and make me terribly paranoid. i dont think i can handle tpf anymore. :sad:

Please don't be negative. We all know its real and craftsman are specific when inspecting bags before doing anything. You must have faith in their skill. Your bag is gorgeous and real and sure to be around for a lifetime. :yahoo:

sorry sus to take up your thread with this !

gazoo- thanks for your reassurance. i have faith im just really tired of worrying despite my better judgement.

sorry sus to take up your thread with this !

gazoo- thanks for your reassurance. i have faith im just really tired of worrying despite my better judgement.

Croissant: Have faith and revel in the knowledge that you have a true Hermes item and didn't have to wait for an SO which is so tortuous beyond belief. Just try to be happy with your find.

Croissant: Have faith and revel in the knowledge that you have a true Hermes item and didn't have to wait for an SO which is so tortuous beyond belief. Just try to be happy with your find.
i hope you're not just saying that to make me feel better but that you honestly mean it. have you seen my Birkin? do you trust Manuela to be completely thorough? just making sure. thanks gazoo :smile:

ps maybe we've seen each other arond at the bh store? wouldnt that be funny?

i hope you're not just saying that to make me feel better but that you honestly mean it. have you seen my Birkin? do you trust Manuela to be completely thorough? just making sure. thanks gazoo :smile:

ps maybe we've seen each other arond at the bh store? wouldnt that be funny?

I believe I saw the photos you posted of your bag and I've personally met Manuela and had the above conversation with her. Maybe you read my thread on my being scared by the wait for my new vintage Kelly. Manuela was VERY slow in inspecting the bag particularly the inside stitching on the straps and it was mind blowingly painful to stand there. I thought for sure she was going to hand it back to me because her face was so serious. Thats when I started blubbering about being so scared, yada yada yada. She was very gracious and then said all was okay not to worry. I trust her implicitly and know she is very highly regarded. So yes - I believe what I said about your bag and would never say something just to pep you up without meaning it. I hate it when people do that to me. :yucky:

Croissant - I am impressed that you are so thorough in making sure that your bag is authentic. I trust the ladies/men of tpf to tell all of us if we made a mistake. That is why (and only why) I would consider purchasing a preowned bag. Enjoy your bag and be confident that it is authentic.

Crochetbella - I think I too would do some kind of ritual like putting a new twilly or cadena on a preowned bag to make it officially mine.

I believe I saw the photos you posted of your bag and I've personally met Manuela and had the above conversation with her. Maybe you read my thread on my being scared by the wait for my new vintage Kelly. Manuela was VERY slow in inspecting the bag particularly the inside stitching on the straps and it was mind blowingly painful to stand there. I thought for sure she was going to hand it back to me because her face was so serious. Thats when I started blubbering about being so scared, yada yada yada. She was very gracious and then said all was okay not to worry. I trust her implicitly and know she is very highly regarded. So yes - I believe what I said about your bag and would never say something just to pep you up without meaning it. I hate it when people do that to me. :yucky:

thanks gazoo. she didn't inspect it that painfully around me but im going to trust that since she had plenty of "alone time" with the bag once i left she checked it out thoroughly outside my view. she is so serious! i was joking with her about my initials and she started blushing because i kept yammering on about my family history. she's so cute!

heres a pic and with that i will let you be!! haha
hardware so you can take a good look at the 24k gold plate:
268876938_218af0a3c1_o.jpg

DSC09324.jpg

DSC09436.jpg

Croissant - I am impressed that you are so thorough in making sure that your bag is authentic. I trust the ladies/men of tpf to tell all of us if we made a mistake. That is why (and only why) I would consider purchasing a preowned bag. Enjoy your bag and be confident that it is authentic.

Crochetbella - I think I too would do some kind of ritual like putting a new twilly or cadena on a preowned bag to make it officially mine.

i would get my initials embossed on the bag!!! its the ultimate way of personalizing it and creating your own history. did you ever see old Hermes bags with initials on them and wonder "who was that lucky duck with the H bag back then? they mustve been travellers, important people, maybe even royalty!" well, this is a way of creating that sort of legacy for yourself. i highly recommend it plus its a good way to authenticate your bag without having to send it away for months.