Pregnancy outcome: Stillbirth!

1. Hello everyone. I understand this is a very sensitive topic, so I will understand if you cannot contribute to this thread.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced a fetal demise/stillbirth? My situation is especially tricky because I was pregnant with twins (identical) and everything was fine up until 2 days prior to their scheduled c-section. In fact, my pregnancy was flawless, no morning sickness or ANYTHING! When we arrived at the hospital that day, we found out that neither had a heartbeat - at full term!

Has anyone else been through this? Can you share your experiences? Have you found out a cause of death? How long ago did it occur and how are you doing/feeling today?

This happened to us a short 7 months ago and I can say that I take each day by day. It is still so hard. Thanks to all for listening. :sad::crybaby::sad::crybaby:
  2. no, but I did carry surviving frat twins to term. . . I'm SO sorry!

Are you a member of any online twins' websites?
    They usually have pretty fantastic loss forums for support.
  3. I have not experienced this first hand, but my mother lost a full-term baby boy prior to my birth and twin boys at 8 months, which was heartbreaking for her. ( I was her last)

She lost the twins due to her placenta separating early, and the other baby from having umbilical cord strangulation. Bear in mind that this was many decades ago. I've known about this since I was young, and my mother grieved the loss of her other babies for a long time...she still remembers the dates and so on.
  4. I haven't experienced it, but I am so sorry to hear about this. I would try to find a support forum like Swanky suggested :heart:
  5. I don't have anything substantive to contribute, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel so sad. I have never experienced what you had experienced but I did have a miscarriage a few years ago.

My sister in law's sister in law was carrying twin girls (fraternal, because she had in vitro) and one of the girls did not survive after birth. Then she tried in vitro again and had twin girls again and thank god they both survived. But this woman is almost 50 years old so that's why she had so many problems.

I hope you feel better soon. It takes time.
  7. sorry..Unfortunatley..I lost twins nearly killed me emotionally so if u need to talk..please feel free to PM me ANYTIME
    I lost the first one early on..the second twin at 6 months pregnant....its a horrible thing to happen..HUGS....
  8. I have not experienced what you have gone through so I cannot advise you, but I feel such sorrow at your loss. I am really sorry you lost your babies.

9. PS-That was many years ago for me..and I still dont forget anything about it.
  10. I've never experienced anything like this, but I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you. My heart goes out to you. My cousin lost a baby about seventeen years ago. It was the same situation as yours (with a little girl) and nobody knew why.

She and her husband now have two beautiful healthy children. (For the other two they did in vitro fertilization and watched every step very closely.)
  11. oh no, I'm sorry to hear this. I've never experienced this before so I don't have much advice. Just wanted to give you some ehugs. :heart:
  12. hey gal, i'm so sorry for your loss and that this happened to you.

we're all here for you, so post if it helps you to talk things out but like swanky said, it might be good to find an online support forum.

lots of [​IMG] and :heart:
  13. I have never personally had a still birth, but my mother has. She was supposed to have a boy before me, but she started bleeding in her 6th month and was rushed to the hospital where she delivered a still born baby. I don't like to ask about it, as I assume it is a very painful and sensitive subject for her.
  14. I am so sorry to hear this. I can't offer any practical advice but the forums swanky suggested sound a good place to start.

I really hope you get the support you need - big hugs:heart:
  15. I am sorry I cant contribute but would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.