Preferred Image Hosting Service?

bagwatcher

Jun 18, 2007
I've been dabbling with ebay sales for the past couple of months and have been using Auctiva to manage my listings. I stumbled upon it searching on ebay. Anyway, time is a high commodity in my house & I don't have a lot of time to search on the internet and really READ anything and when I do, I prefer to read TPF :yes:.

So, I see a bunch of you are seasoned ebay Pros and maybe you can shed some light on some other route I should check into for listing services. Thanks a bunch! :sweatdrop:

I use Inkfrog, which gives me image hosting, plus a gallery on listings, a listing tool with tons of free templates, free scheduled listings and much more. It's $9.95 a month. I don't even know what Auctivia costs (if anything), so I don't know how that compares. Inkfrog also gives you a lot of post-auction reporting and management, including inventory management which would be great if you had multiples of the same thing, but I don't.
You can also send winning bidder emails right from there, and auto-relist if you choose, etc.
I really like it.

Wow, no one has mentioned ImageShack! I like it since you can download their add-on that sits right in your browser. It makes for very easy uploading.

I tried to use Auctiva but I had issues with their uploading and steered clear.

Too many problems with ImageShack... lots of their links contain ads. I worked on a forum for many years and when people used ImageShack for their siggies, more often than not they were clickable siggies that had ads embeddded in them. I wouldn't recommend them.

I use Auctiva. Auctiva also has a cool feature that allows you to prevent others from saving your photos as their own. I always use it for my auctions. It's not automatic though; you have to select the feature.

Too many problems with ImageShack... lots of their links contain ads. I worked on a forum for many years and when people used ImageShack for their siggies, more often than not they were clickable siggies that had ads embeddded in them. I wouldn't recommend them.

I don't know what "siggies" you are talking about or what that is but I use that site for everything from ebay to craigslist to other forums i'm a part of and have never had any problems (unless they're updating the site). Its free, its easy to use, and if you sign up (free also) then you also get a (limited) gallery and it loads faster than other free photo sites i've used in the past. you can even make your pictures have bling or link them all together in a self moving album. i love it.:tup:

oh and none of my images have ever had ads. there are different ways to link from them fyi