Pre-owned Bbags vs. New Bbags

I love them! there is undeniably something special about getting a brand-new, just for you bag, but for the most part, I love getting bags that someone already loved and took care of. Bbags break in so nicely!

Love the colors and leather, but I always feel a little grossed out. I always clean them, then condition if they need it, then spray with Apple Guard. Sometimes I only spray the handles and corners. It the bag is a dark color I spray only the handles. The older colors are so beautiful, if you want those colors, you have no choice. Dark handles are not an option. I won't buy a bag with dark handles. I know some girls don't mind but I don't like the way it looks and I don't want to carry a bag that has filthy handles. Whether it's dirt, hand oils, creams whatever, it grosses me out.

My first and only Balenciaga purchase so far was a used bag I got from e-bay and I was scared spending that kind of money (my first handbag over $1000 gulp) but I desperately wanted a 2005 caramel city and when it came up, I went for it. The seller described it as excellent condition and it is.

I would have no qualms about repeating this transaction as long as I am dealing with a seller with a good reputation (which everybody here helped me with!) and good, clear pictures of the bag beforehand. Peggy

All I have right now are 2 new Balenciaga's but I would be open to buying used bags since I really like some of the older bags. They would HAVE to be in really good condition though because I am pretty picky and if I'm going to pay that much I don't want it to be beat up.

I personally prefer new especially if I am spending a lot of money. That is probably why I won't buy the older colors even if some of them are gorgeous. :love:
DITTO. I am sure I am going to fall in love with few colors from each season from now. I am having a hard time trying to narrow my "must have" list from ss07. Balenciaga done so well coming up with exciting colors every season so far:love: So yayaflower's bbag collection will be from 2006 to ....... (till I am a little old lady):graucho:

Funny, I have been buying LV for a few years now and I usually prefer new, but with Balenciaga I am okay with used. I am picky about smells and spots and I don't want any funky odors and NO dark handles, I just can't deal with those. I do condition them and give them a good once over to make them feel like mine before I use them. I've only had one brand new bag since I started this but I do gravitate towards the bags in better condition. As someone else said, its really your only choice with some of the older bags.

I just recently got into the bbag thing and I much prefer the older colors and leather.
I only have 2 bbags. An origan box and a bubblegum pink first (thanks meemie!)
Both were in fantastic condtion and I love both colors more than anything they've comeout with this season.
I have no qualms about buying used as long as the bag is in good shape.

I have only bought used, and it's in like new condition, I can't find one sign of wear (other than the fact that it's beautifully broken in)... it even smells new! The seller I bought from was just wonderful... and that's the most important thing buying a used bag: an honest seller.

I prefer my bags new but if there's an older colour I really want like a turquoise city or twiggy from 05 I'll have to live with a used bag but just when it's in mint condition, dark handles aren't an option for me. I just have one used bbag and this was in really great condition with just a little darkening on the handle, all my other bbags I bought myself or someone I trust bought them for me.