"Pre-Loved" H in NYC?

1. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any shops in New York City that carry a decent selection of used Hermes items- specifically scarves. I've been to lots of depot-ventes in Paris that have good selections but I don't know of any such stores here in NY. I'm looking for someplace reputable (so I don't have to deal with the eBay authenticity problem) and fairly consistent (as in, usually has a selection of scarves- not, I've seen a scarf there once or twice, KWIM?). Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

2. I think Fisch for the Hip on W 18th St usually has a few scarves. Are you looking for vintage scarves in particular or discounted scarves? Because if you're not looking for vintage, then the Hermes sale (twice yearly) is a good place for discounted, unused scarves.

3. Thanks for the info, Abby! I will check out Fisch for the Hip. I'm more looking for vintage scarves although I do want to check out the sale, too. Have the dates for that been posted yet?

4. Not that I know of.

5. There is no place in NYC where you are going to find a large offering of vintage H scarves like in Catherine B in Paris. You are just going to look around and maybe you will luck out.

I know a consignment shop on East 81st st between 2nd and 3rd ave -- Margoth. I dont know the phone number off hand but I have known the owner Margot for yrs and she used to have a source that had some 1950s scarves. I suggest contacting her and see if the source wants to pony up.

Margoth is across the street from Tamara's, another consignment shop. I find Tamara rather cold and French but she does usually carry Hermes. Most of the scarves she offers is almost always from the past few seasons and in new condition.

Then there is Encore on Madison Ave. Since they raised their prices on H scarves to $240 which is higher than any other shop, they usually have an assortment of H scarves left around. Most are from the 80s and 90s

6. Seton, thanks for the tips. I will check out those stores next time I am in the neighborhood.

7. what about a store that sells pre-loved Hermes bags in nyc?

8. Elle, I know you asked for stores in NYC but if you are looking for a good selection, look at this web site:

http://www.opportunities.fr/marque.php?id=1

I bought a tuilleries scarf from them and it arrived looking store-bought fresh and it was an older one. they are terrific.

9. Thanks, Haute Couturess! They have a great selection of scarves, I am very tempted by the yellow Tohu-Bohu...

10. Sukkar, Fisch always has a great selection of H bags, some used, some new, but they aren't always great deals. It's a great place to check out bags and see what size is what you're looking for, although they can get kind of snarky about asking to check out too many bags (all of the H bags are behind the counter)