Prayers Needed

1. I found out this evening that my daughter (28 years old) has a tumor in her heart.

She will be having further testing on Thursday to determine the effect of the tumor on her heart function and whether or not surgery is indicated.

We live a couple of thousand miles apart and I am just beside myself with fear and sorrow.

So...please pray for her.

And if there are any cardiologists who can help me wrap my brain around this....I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

2. Leah, how awful about your daughter, I do hope everything turns out okay. I will keep you both in my prayers.

3. im so sorry to hear about your daughter...this must be such a hard time for you & your daughter i will pray for her

my mom will also pray for the both of you

4. Take care, I wish nothing but the best for you and your daughter. I am not a doctor, but I did have a family friend who had a tumor in his heart caused by non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He is currently in remission and his prognosis is excellent, he required surgery and treatment but he's back to his old self now and expected to do fine.

5. I am so sorry. I know a person who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor the size of a golf ball. He followed a special diet, cut out all sugar (tumors feed exclusively on glucose) and took Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). She can buy that at any health food store. His tumor had shrunk to the size of a fingernail when he had his last MRI. The doctors were astounded.

Here's the link on GLA: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Gamma_Linolenic_Acid.asp?sitearea=ETO

Try not to over think this. There is no way to know what will happen. The only thing you can control is how you react to it. Do not get yourself upset about what "might" happen because it is usually a waste of time.

She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

6. soooo sorry hon!
    We are all here for u!

7. Oh my god. I hope things will be OK Leah. You have my email addy if you need to, email me. I'm not that far away... :heart:

8. Prayers and love for both you and your daughter. We are all here for you.

9. I pray for you and your daughter for strength and healing and for the wisdom and knowledge of her doctors.

10. I am so sorry to hear that. All my thoughts and love to you and your daughter.

11. Oh my! I'm so sorry! My thoughts are with you and your daughter!

12. my prayers and heart go out to you

the power of positive thought is huge :heart:

13. Leah, I'm so sorry. I'll definitely be praying for your daughter and you. Things like this put smaller troubles into perspective.

((hugs))

14. I am so sorry! I'll keep you all in my prayers.

15. Thanks, everyone for the kind words and thoughts.
    I don't think I have ever felt more stressed out in my life (and I am the queen of stress!) nor ever quite so helpless.

Keep the prayers and good vibes coming. We should know more on Thursday.