Pray for Einey

Here is a little photo of Bob holding Einey. Pacific ocean (and beach grass) is in the background. Aren't they cute?? That little 3 1/2 lb furball has Bob wrapped around his little paw!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bob-&-Einey-5-07.jpg
    Bob-&-Einey-5-07.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 93
Aww...poor little pom.

I have two poms (had another that passed 5 years ago) and they definitely have a way of wrapping you around their little paws. They are so tiny and yet have hearts of lions, but when they hurt, you're reminded again how fragile they are.

Big hugs and kisses for Einey.

People like that make me sick!
:crybaby:I hope Einey gets better and he can keep his leg! If he cant, no worries...they adjust REALLY fast and lead full lives! I will keep him in my prayers.

Post Surgical Update!

Well, Einey came through his surgery with flying colors! We are able to pick him up in a few hours, so looking forward to that.

Turned out that his break was at one of his screws and not above the plate, so this bought him more room for his new longer plate! The doctor ruled out the bone graft (needed to be a fresh injury, so like back at his original broken leg) and then also tried the bone cement (which wouldn't set), so he just has a longer titanium plate in his little leg.

Here is a photo of Einey in his recovery "suite" at the doctors office. He is doped up on morphine. This photo is about 1 1/2 hours after surgery yesterday when we came to visit him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Einey-post-op.jpg
    Einey-post-op.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 61
I uploaded more photos to share of my boy. I thought you might enjoy seeing him healthy after the doped up post surgery photo. Einey and our family thank you SO much for your love and support during his recovery!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

He really enjoys chewing! This is another reason we went to try to save the leg. Needs it for propping up his bones!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here he is motoring around with his splinted leg, before surgery. The doctor put a little sock around his leg, so you see that popping out at the top of the blue wrap. (Isn't he handsome??)
attachment.php

This is my darling daughter Taylor, who now will only be holding Einey with a FIRM grip on his leg. No more squirting out!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Einey-and-his-bone.jpg
    Einey-and-his-bone.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Einey-and-his-bone-2.jpg
    Einey-and-his-bone-2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Einey-and-his-splint.jpg
    Einey-and-his-splint.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 57
  • Taylor-and-Einey.jpg
    Taylor-and-Einey.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 56
Lisa,

I am so happy to hear that Einey is well on the road to recovery. Not many doggies are as lucky as Einey... I don't know many dogs in this world who get to recover in SEASIDE!! Einey certainly has it good.

Keep us posted with your great pics. That Einey is sure photographic, as well as your lovely DD.