Prada Saffiano tote quality

This is so heartbreaking to hear. I feel for you OP.

I have the non zipper one in blue. I carried it for about 2 weeks when I got it two months ago and I decided to carry it out today. As I am reading these threads, I am examining my bag.

So far so good. Nothing to report but I suppose I shouldn't be in shock if and when it happens. Dang it Prada! Don't let this happen to you and your customers.

I have the papaya with the zippers (model 1801, I think). Have had it since late May, and while I havent used it constantly, no problems yet. I looked last night to see where it was made, and was glad to see the tag said Made In Italy. I'm wondering, those of you who have had problems, was your bag made in Italy or China?

I have the papaya with the zippers (model 1801, I think). Have had it since late May, and while I havent used it constantly, no problems yet. I looked last night to see where it was made, and was glad to see the tag said Made In Italy. I'm wondering, those of you who have had problems, was your bag made in Italy or China?

Lucky you! I acually couldn't find it.. but probably China :tdown::tdown:

So the Client customer service has agreed to give me a full refund, they are sure very pleasant to deal with.. My biggest dilemma is: should I buy another Saffiano tote? (thinking about 1801 instead of 2274 in Cammeo) or maybe a Celine nano in cobalt blue?

I got it back three days ago. It took about 2 weeks. But hear this: I used it yesterday, and one of the handles has started to peel off again! GAH I'm so sick of their quality!! :tdown:
Omg I can't believe it! That is so unfortunate. You bought a purse with such anticipation and it seems like its been one headache after another :sad:

So the Client customer service has agreed to give me a full refund, they are sure very pleasant to deal with.. My biggest dilemma is: should I buy another Saffiano tote? (thinking about 1801 instead of 2274 in Cammeo) or maybe a Celine nano in cobalt blue?
I haven't seen any similar issues in the Celine forum so maybe that would be a better bet. Even though I love the classic look of the saffiano tote.

Does Prada even make their bags in China in the first place? Serious?

I've had the #1844 (without zips) for almost a year now and pretty much wear it everyday and thank goodness have not had any issues!! but mine is made in Italy, now I'm afraid to buy a new one if they're being made in China:sad:

I have peeling on mine too and I am not hard at all on my bags. It really surprised me as I rotate my bags and it wasn't as if I used it daily. :mad:

Oh no! I know how you're feeling. First of all, is your bag made in Italy or China? Second, contact the Prada store you bought it in and demand that they are going to fix it (if you didn't purchase it more than 2 years ago). Good luck!

So my last update about this process: I'm currently in Rome where I bought a new Prada Saffiano in Cameo, but this time I choosed the 1801 which suits my build better. This bag is made in Italy, and it's so different compared to the other one I had. The handles are perfect and I can't see anything wrong with the bag. So hopefully I don't need to go through this again!

PS. To all of you who thought that it would be cheaper in Italy to buy the Prada Saffiano: they have increased the price here in Italy, so you can buy it for the same price in every country which use EURO as currency.

Hi all, I just bought a bn2274 , I can't seem to locate the "made in..." tag.. Mind telling me where it is? Because I have turned it upside down and inside out and all I could find was 2 white tags with numbers on them.. Please let me know.. I'm afraid mine is a Made in China one...