Prada Saffiano Double Zip Quality is Awful

Don't laugh, but I am sitting here at my desk looking at a little MK (Saffiano leather) bag that I believe is a take-off of the Prada Gardener's Tote. If it were not for the MK branding, it could easily pass for a Prada. I will also say that the quality of this bag is impeccable and trust me I know good quality. My dilemma is that while I love, love, love and own quite an arsenal of expensive designer bags, because of the poor quality and lemons that I have unfortunately bought/returned, I have grown distrustful of hi-end designer bags. For as much as I would love to have a Prada, I am just in no mood to yet again spend my hard earned money (no trust fund here) on a bag that is better served being placed on a table and adored. I need something that can be carried rain or shine without the worry. Can anyone give me a positive spin on the Prada totes. As for this little MK, while it is a very pretty bag, I just cannot get over that fact that MK is so over-marketed. Thanks all.

MK is not Prada and never will be, simple
MK is not luxury

One can also say that MK is overpriced for their bags since they are mainly made in China

Leather may be nice but then why not just buy a Zara handbag? Their leather is nice too
And cost a lot less than MK

Reactions: EmNYC
Well ladies, we can all agree to disagree. Some of us are more entitled than others or just have more of a sense of entitlement. While I will always love an expensive and truly over-priced hi-end designer bag, the older I get the more I realize my money can often times be better served elsewhere. Especially, when I get my Chanel home, only to realize my chains were not closed in many areas or after wearing yet another Chanel Classic Flap lambskin for 7-8 months only to have the color start wearing in the corners or lastly my beautiful Cornflower color Balenciaga that I noticed threads coming out after 1 month. Yup, imagine the horror and trust me I have lots of them when it comes to expensive bags. I hope the person who started this thread receives the customer service they deserve and realizes that quality is not always guaranteed with any purchase no matter how big or small. I appreciate all of the input and am so happy to have such a wonderful forum to defer to when trying to make an informative decision about certain of designers and bags:smile:

I am a customer to Gucci and Valentino. But last year I decided I wanted to try Prada and bought the Saffiano Twin City Bag in grey and another should bag (the style name escapes me for the moment). The loops for the body straps were always stretched out when I wore it and also there was one leather piece glued that wasn't aligned evenly. After reading more about the quality of Prada falling I just decided to return both bags. And because of that I am officially done with Prada (and because Miu Miu is owned by Prada I won't be browsing or buying from them either).

It truly saddens me to see how such a high end brand would be so cheap and cut corners and churn out inferior products and still charge such high prices. I definitely learned my lesson in thinking all high end brands are made equal.

Reactions: EmNYC
Well ladies, we can all agree to disagree. Some of us are more entitled than others or just have more of a sense of entitlement. While I will always love an expensive and truly over-priced hi-end designer bag, the older I get the more I realize my money can often times be better served elsewhere. Especially, when I get my Chanel home, only to realize my chains were not closed in many areas or after wearing yet another Chanel Classic Flap lambskin for 7-8 months only to have the color start wearing in the corners or lastly my beautiful Cornflower color Balenciaga that I noticed threads coming out after 1 month. Yup, imagine the horror and trust me I have lots of them when it comes to expensive bags. I hope the person who started this thread receives the customer service they deserve and realizes that quality is not always guaranteed with any purchase no matter how big or small. I appreciate all of the input and am so happy to have such a wonderful forum to defer to when trying to make an informative decision about certain of designers and bags:smile:

I hear ya. But the thing that annoys me about MK is bags like THIS ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457956254.699860.jpg

prada cuir double bag has good quality . I love it . It's much different and better than the regular double zip or gardener tote . The later has little bit similar quality to michael kors , but then again MK will never get close to Prada in anyway . One is contemporary one is premier luxury brand . They have different customer base . Just my honest opinion.

I fell in love with a Prada double zip tote in baltic blue the minute i saw it in the Prada boutique in Stockholm. Then i decided to check out this forum to see comments about quality. Now i dont know if i dare to buy it.

I seen a lot of comments about MK and Tory Burch and their saffiano styles. But what do you guys think about the italian brand Furla?

This really confirms the assumptions that I have regarding prada bags. I also watched videos on YouTube with several youtubers complaining about the diminishing quality of their bags. I was going to purchase the saffiano bag last month but held it back and bought an lv instead.
WHat LV bag did you buy? I am returning my just bought saffiano galleria bag because of all the negative talk. Thanks

I fell in love with a Prada double zip tote in baltic blue the minute i saw it in the Prada boutique in Stockholm. Then i decided to check out this forum to see comments about quality. Now i dont know if i dare to buy it.

I seen a lot of comments about MK and Tory Burch and their saffiano styles. But what do you guys think about the italian brand Furla?

I think Furla has great quality and price

I went to the prada store today just to browse. I feel like the quality has just gotten to a whole other level of "low". The leather is tougher/really rough. The Zips were difficult open and close. You could see some sort of residue- maybe glue? If I wasn't in the prada store, I would've thought they were plasticy knockoffs. So sad

I went to the prada store today just to browse. I feel like the quality has just gotten to a whole other level of "low". The leather is tougher/really rough. The Zips were difficult open and close. You could see some sort of residue- maybe glue? If I wasn't in the prada store, I would've thought they were plasticy knockoffs. So sad

I also feel disappointed for the quality of the BN2274 I owned. It's been around 3 years I owned the bag and the keyfob hang in the bag becomes like this.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467050770.749062.jpg

It's just an accessory which I seldom touch and I also never use it. I won't expect that it will have such problem. I also didn't take my bag out everyday. I'm a very careful person when it comes to expensive bag.

Previously, I always admire and love saffiano leather from Prada. It is the best one compared to others but I think I must agree that Prada quality become worse and worse.

I bought a Prada saffiano wallet last year and only used it for few times it already has scuffs at the corner of the wallet. I never expected that the scuffs will appear so fast as I didn't experienced it with the Prada saffiano wallet which I bought few years back.
Of course over the time the scuffs will appear as normal wear and tear but it just too much when it appears only after few times use. Not that I did very rough to the wallet but I think the quality is just getting worse from time to time.

The worst part that the price always increase but quality is worse.
I feel it's not worth to spend money on Prada anymore. I'd rather spend my money on Dior or LV [emoji4]

This was repaired in November. I was scared to carry the bag because I didn't want to cause further damage, so I put it away. Carefully stored it in multiple layers and its dustbag. Then boxed. Pulled it out today to use again and it was peeled again! None of my other designer bags have had any problems! So frustrated! I'll never buy Prada again!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,088
Having bought not just one, but two double bags over the summer, my heart sank for a moment when I came across this discussion. While I don't own any double zip bags, I must say that my first impression - or should I say gut feeling - in the store was that there is something off about the design and/or the quality. First, it just never seems to "stand up straight" if you know what I mean, there is always a dent or slouching that doesn't flatter it, and they appear whether the bag is full or empty.

I just hope (for the ridiculous $$$$ I paid for them!!) that the double bag holds is shape a little better. I've even stuffed my pilates stuff in it, and some days there is merely a wallet and and my iPhone and some small stuff, and the bag always looks ok. Would be totally bummed if the double bag turned out to suffer from the same problems as the double zip bag.