Prada Saffiano Double Zip Quality is Awful

I bought a Prada handbag in the spring of 2015 in a neutral, beige color. Its now January and although I don't use the bag very often, the bag slouches on one side, and it scuffs easily. I will never buy another handbag from Prada.

For those that are considering purchasing Prada, don't. I should have listened to the advice and the stories posted on TPF and other site (reviews for the product at the Saks site)

I agree with the quality. Pretty bad and I'm disappointed.

i RECENTLY BOUGHT MY saffiano galleria lux tote in medium
ARGILLA BN2274

So far the bag is fine, I do not have the problems others are reporting. I hope it stays this way.

One minor thing was that there was a slight "dent" like shadow on the back side of the bag, I think is due to the bag lying on one of its handles on the side, which I supposed was done by the store during storage perhaps? But overtime I think this minor mark will go away//// and it is only visible when it is in bright light....

other than that I am happy with the quality.

I did have to turn down a couple at the other Prada stores before I bought this one at Harrods Prada, so i have to say quality does vary depends on the bag offered at different locations

One bag (same colour and model) offered at the Sloane Street Prada was quite bad and it looks likt it came out from a lions cage, with crease and dents everywhere and the sales did tell me it was brand new... I find that hard to believe ....

I'm looking into buying the 2013 saffiano leather talco frame tote.. it seems to have held up well from the previous owner but I'm afraid after hearing all these stories haha. anyone else own this particular model (BN2136) and have had better luck with this tote? I am in love with it plus the fantastic price (600) which is why I just can't seem to pass it up!!

I bought my 1st prada, the galleria bag aka the small saffiano double zip tote. OMG the quality is so horrible, I bought the bag the color orchid I believed, I was traveling in italy after archiving my goal buying a small Chanel mini bag, wanted to take advantage of the cheaper EU price; I was contemplating between this bag, the YSL WOC, or chanel WOC; I mistakenly went with this one. I was in a hurry so I think I was sold the "displayed" bag without my knowledge; granted the color and the design of the bag is TDF but the quality is so horrible, the stitching is horrible, I think Zara bags have better stiching, the quality of hardwear is so bad, the feets in the bottom scratched before I ever use the bag; not to mention the fabric around the zipper. Oh man... how I wish I could return this bag;
Bottom line is ladies, don't waste your hard earn money

I don't own a Prada bag, but I've had the unfortunate pleasure of poor quality products. I own a prada saffron leather iPad case. Although I've owned it for ~5 years, I don't use it most days. About a year ago, the piping became undone and started to peel.

I also bought a pair of Prada thick-rim glasses from the doctors office, and within the first 6 months, the pink dye began to fade and turn yellow. To me, that is completely unacceptable for something that I've owned for less than a year.

If this is basically what I can expect from Prada products, then I'm glad that I haven't made a significant purchase from them. I've been admiring the look of the Double Bag, but that money would probably be better spent on an LV or a Chanel WOC.

Since i work in design for Miu Miu, but Prada and Miu Miu sorta use the "same" quality processes i want to give some info on this - unofficially of course :smile:

About the Saffiano leather i have to say that if it wrinkles it's a certain defect, i've never seen saffiano wrinkle except the handles a little, but then after alot of usage in all sorts of weather.

And about a zipper not closing completly, never saw that either, do you have to push it hard to close it?

If you want to go the safe way, it's not about the bags being new, it's about the leathers used and which country the bag was made in.
I'd go for any Prada bag that is just nappa leather or suede and of course the bags made of deerskin aswell.

I just design for Miu Miu, not Prada but i'm sure i can help alot of you people out here when you got a problem with your leather or even if you scratched or stained it. :smile:
Wow, you are awesome. Thanks for your help and how thoughtful of you. :smile:

Don't laugh, but I am sitting here at my desk looking at a little MK (Saffiano leather) bag that I believe is a take-off of the Prada Gardener's Tote. If it were not for the MK branding, it could easily pass for a Prada. I will also say that the quality of this bag is impeccable and trust me I know good quality. My dilemma is that while I love, love, love and own quite an arsenal of expensive designer bags, because of the poor quality and lemons that I have unfortunately bought/returned, I have grown distrustful of hi-end designer bags. For as much as I would love to have a Prada, I am just in no mood to yet again spend my hard earned money (no trust fund here) on a bag that is better served being placed on a table and adored. I need something that can be carried rain or shine without the worry. Can anyone give me a positive spin on the Prada totes. As for this little MK, while it is a very pretty bag, I just cannot get over that fact that MK is so over-marketed. Thanks all.

Don't laugh, but I am sitting here at my desk looking at a little MK (Saffiano leather) bag that I believe is a take-off of the Prada Gardener's Tote. If it were not for the MK branding, it could easily pass for a Prada. I will also say that the quality of this bag is impeccable and trust me I know good quality. My dilemma is that while I love, love, love and own quite an arsenal of expensive designer bags, because of the poor quality and lemons that I have unfortunately bought/returned, I have grown distrustful of hi-end designer bags. For as much as I would love to have a Prada, I am just in no mood to yet again spend my hard earned money (no trust fund here) on a bag that is better served being placed on a table and adored. I need something that can be carried rain or shine without the worry. Can anyone give me a positive spin on the Prada totes. As for this little MK, while it is a very pretty bag, I just cannot get over that fact that MK is so over-marketed. Thanks all.

Check out the Ralph Lauren line. I love his bags! :tender:
http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice&categoryId=1760963

Last edited:

Good points but I just can't with MK!

At the expense of being laughed off of the Prada forum, I introduce to you my Prada "Gardener" MK look-alike:smile:

Attachments

• Bag003.JPG
    Bag003.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 690
  • Bag002.JPG
    Bag002.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 673
  • Bag001.JPG
    Bag001.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 683
^ sorry but I don't think that looks like a prada at all, just because it's a small zipped tote. I have a larger Tory burch zipped tote that's a similar style to the prada but I would never compare the two[emoji4]