Prada Beauty to Launch Makeup and Skin Care

It seems like everybody has to recently.
What I like about these launches from (fashion) high end brands:
They all give great attention to the design (and some also on quality, I hope) and I find it interesting, what design they use.
These little things are like gems.

Reactions: papertiger
It seems like everybody has to recently.
What I like about these launches from (fashion) high end brands:
They all give great attention to the design (and some also on quality, I hope) and I find it interesting, what design they use.
These little things are like gems.
Do high-end fashion brands make good cosmetics? I know:
Burberry, Givenchy, YSL, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Balmain, Christian Louboutin, Hermès, Chanel and now Prada all have Beauty lines.

Burberry, Givenchy, YSL, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Balmain, Christian Louboutin, Hermès, Chanel and now Prada all have Beauty lines.
I don't think all fashion brands make good cosmetics. Of the ones you listed, I believe Chanel and Dior lead in terms of product innovation and performance.

YSL and Prada cosmetics and fragrances are both L'Oreal group.

I only can say Chanel is great, everything I tried - I have some make up because it is awesome (eye shadow, eyeliner) and I never found an alternative product. The same is true for one kohl kajal from YSL, that is just the best (for me), and one lip product by Dior.
I would not buy anything because it is a certain brand. I once tried the Chanel hand cream because I liked the egg shape, but although it was very, very nice, it was just not better than my stylewise ugly and unglamorous €1.75 hand cream, so I would not buy the Chanel again (okay, this cheapy's amazing quality is a real exception).
Why did I buy it in the first place? I wanted something. Something luxury. But I also did not want to spend too much :lol:
For these occasions, these gems are great.
I think the package is often made very well and top design. I think about something like the Lippis by Hermès or Guerlain. The tubes look and feel incredible. The lipsticks per se are good, but not better than any other good lipsticks, imho.

Prada's fragrances have been some of my favourites (Amber) and my guess is they will do a good job. I hope so because, honestly Prada is not even on my radar anymore, sometimes I forget to even watch the shows. I expect hard-core minimalism and sleekness, if they go the vintage '50s lips/retro-prints and curved-heel route I'll not bother even watching YT influencer review. I hate Valentino's packaging, it's dire, not even proper V-red and cheap, thin, light rubbish.

Prada and Prada Group have to expand to keep-up with Kering (newly buying Creed and 30% Valentino) and LVMH which owns Sephora and Fenty as well as Dior. It's the entry level lux stuff that makes the real money.

I want Schiaparelli to create a make-up line, with the collaborative surrealist heritage and iconic Rose Shocking accents, it could blow all the other makeup lines all out the water, even Pat McGrath Labs and Isamaya Ffrench who are obviously strongly influenced by that aesthetic.

Reactions: IntheOcean