Prada authentication by CarolDiva reliable?

lookieloo

O.G.
Feb 5, 2010
It was my first time using her services. Does she usually just send a 1 sentence email stating it's authentic or not authentic?

She said it was authentic but Im still concerned. From Google searching, I think it's a saffiano lux sound crossbody bag but I can't find any pictures of the exact bag (attached a pic). I only see similar ones with a different handle or a different shape.

Anyway, would you say CarolDiva is reliable?

e621rk.jpg

It was my first time using her services. Does she usually just send a 1 sentence email stating it's authentic or not authentic?

She said it was authentic but Im still concerned. From Google searching, I think it's a saffiano lux sound crossbody bag but I can't find any pictures of the exact bag (attached a pic). I only see similar ones with a different handle or a different shape.

Anyway, would you say CarolDiva is reliable?

e621rk.jpg

Nope.

Is this the only photo that was looked at?

She would have been waiting for payment before committing to any authentication. That is standard practice for email authentications.

That said, maybe it would be a good idea to put the same photos on the AT thread for a free second opinion.

Carol was always more of an LV expert and unfortunately, over the last few years, her attempts at authenticating Prada have left some of us in slack-jawed amazement. We've seen schoolyard quality fakes authenticated as real, and it is most disconcerting and unprofessional, as well as reflecting badly on authenticators in general.

It's not good enough to make an educated guess in this field, especially if you are a supposed professional. If you don't have the expertise, and you aren't 100% sure, you shouldn't be advertising and taking payment. To me, that's fraud.

To answer your question then - no I would not trust Carol's reliability when authenticating Prada.

She would have been waiting for payment before committing to any authentication. That is standard practice for email authentications.

That said, maybe it would be a good idea to put the same photos on the AT thread for a free second opinion.

Carol was always more of an LV expert and unfortunately, over the last few years, her attempts at authenticating Prada have left some of us in slack-jawed amazement. We've seen schoolyard quality fakes authenticated as real, and it is most disconcerting and unprofessional, as well as reflecting badly on authenticators in general.

It's not good enough to make an educated guess in this field, especially if you are a supposed professional. If you don't have the expertise, and you aren't 100% sure, you shouldn't be advertising and taking payment. To me, that's fraud.

To answer your question then - no I would not trust Carol's reliability when authenticating Prada.

Hi missfiggy- I am new to TPF and was looking thru threads for any recos for a good Prada authenticator (paid). Have a bad feeling about a Prada I purchased years ago....:sad:Would you authenticate4u be ok for Prada if it's not caroldiva's forte? Many thanks.

Hi missfiggy- I am new to TPF and was looking thru threads for any recos for a good Prada authenticator (paid). Have a bad feeling about a Prada I purchased years ago....:sad:Would you authenticate4u be ok for Prada if it's not caroldiva's forte? Many thanks.

Recent jungle drums (rumours) tell me that A4U is almost not operating any more.
Try Fakespotters.com