PP Calatrava 4906

1. I am thinking about a PP Calatrava 4906 with a croc strap.
    It has a quartz movement. Is this, in the world of watch afficionados, considered a good watch? I also like the 4905J, which has a mechanical movement.
    Some input would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. do you have any pics, hello? i would like to own a PP one day.........

3. nice! sooo classic!~

4. Oooooo, cant help you any but those are fab watches.....

The ultimate!!! Post pics upon snatching one of those beauties pronto...lol...

5. I like the 4906 looks-wise. Very pretty. But it says both of them are manual wind, or am I mistaken?

6. ^no, one is quartz, and the 4905 is manual.

7. manual all the way i mean that is what patek is all about! :yes:

8. If this will be your everday watch, definitely go mechanical. Mechanical watches will require care and cleaning while quartz watches will require battery changes and cleanings. In the end the mechanical will cost more in its lifetime, but will last much longer.

9. Thank you very much for all your input, you have confirmed my thoughts! Even though the 4906 was a super great deal, I think at the end of the day I would prefer the 4905 with a mechanical movement.
    However, it looks as if I'll stick with my Cartier for a little longer because my grail bag has popped up ;) ... A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do....

10. i have a PP manual wind and my rationale (well my dad's) rationale is that chances are, they're going to be able to fix the manual wind years and years from now (since they've been doing it for so long) but technology changes, so they might no longer have the parts for the quartz and it'll be harder to fix.