Poupette sellers spoiling our fun?

pammi777

Dec 8, 2006
Is it just me?

I've been watching the auctions for quite a few of my fave sellers for the last few months and I'm noticing a huge move by all the trustworthy sellers to doing BIN auctions without bothering to run a bidding auction!

I tend to buy from only proven sources such as MyPoupette or ALVA sellers etc, based on being more assured of getting an authentic than not. Over a period of time I've noticed that they have been putting more and more items to BIN and less and less to auction.

Now before anyone shoots me down with a hot flaming response :boxing: I know they run a 'business' and need to make a profit but I finally put my finger on what's been making me feel lower and lower recently - I can't actually bid and enjoy the chase of the hunt and it's associated emotions of success or failure anymore!

At this rate I may as well just buy in store. I even saw an auction today for a bag where the seller had BIN'd it and was asking $30 more than either eLux or Vuitton.com for crying out loud - both of whom had it in stock even though the sales blurb said it was a sold out item and for VIPs only!!!

All of a sudden, buying LV has become less of a thrill and more of a lucky dip - will the ones I'm interested in actually auction or just be a consignment store on eBay?

Wish I had an answer. Sorry to moan but it's that or stab my poor DH and he's tiptoeing around at the moment anyway!:cursing::s

Is it just me?

At this rate I may as well just buy in store. I even saw an auction today for a bag where the seller had BIN'd it and was asking $30 more than either eLux or Vuitton.com for crying out loud - both of whom had it in stock even though the sales blurb said it was a sold out item and for VIPs only!!!

I saw that same auction (and a few more like that) and wondered who would buy it on ebay in those circumstances? I guess if you aren't a LV fan and don't do your homework, but why pay more to get it on ebay?????:confused1:

ITA! Its getting ridiculous - before I bought my Neverfull MM in the LV store, I was looking on ebay hoping to bid and get a "good deal," but the only seller I felt comfortable buying from (good reputation for authenticity), had it listed on ebay for about $100 more than LV or elux was selling it for. I just gave up and went to the store. Don't get me wrong now, I always enjoy a shopping trip to Lv, but I really am starting to miss that excitement and thrill of finding a good deal on ebay, you are right on! :hysteric:

Don't get me wrong now, I always enjoy a shopping trip to Lv, but I really am starting to miss that excitement and thrill of finding a good deal on ebay, you are right on! :hysteric:

And that's it in a nutshell - you said exactly what I wanted to but better! :tup:

Surely one of the key things about bidding in an auction is that you go just a little bit nuts and end up paying more than you thought you would / should? We get the thrill of doing something silly yet fun and the seller gets more than we intended to pay.

I just don't understand the mentality of the sellers - especially when they can put a reserve on the auction so they ensure they never sell at a loss!

:cursing: I'm going to sit on my sofa and mumble about people spoiling my fun now! Should be good for a sympathy hug or two at home anyway!

I think it's also because a lot of resellers are getting their stock from other people selling on ebay. Sometimes they don't get a good deal, so they have to list a BIN for a higher price. I just lost an auction to who I thought was a reseller and if it was, the price they list that bag for isn't going to be worth it.

Guys, the Ebay rules have changed in a HUGE way to make things a lot harder on sellers, plus they raised the sellers' fees. I know I have only sold a couple of LV items on Ebay and I may not be selling any more because of the new constraints.