Post Your Recent Beauty Purchases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love BE Eye make-up and I was at downtown's (sf) macy's and bought this kit. (only $34!)
bare.jpg

Plus it helps I get 20% since I work for macy's And I bought my mom some well rested since she always steals mine.

Chanel pink satin and allegero nail polishes
Philosophy Amazing Grace emulsion body firming lotion-loooooooove this stuff, everyone says I smell good!
Philosophy Purity cleanser-looooove this for cleaning your face
JOHN Freida extra strength serum-tames my curly hair
Smiths rosebud salve-

1. SK II Whitening Source Brightener ($130! I finally decided to try it!)
2. Shiseido Hydro Liquid Refill Compact - I've used this for years!
3. YSL Touche Eclat - was influenced by TPF
4. Laura Mercier Primer - was influenced by TPF

How do you like the YSL Touche Eclat? I'm thinking about picking it up this weekend and would love to know how you feel about it? I need an eye brightener. Not so much of a concealer, but just something to hide dark circles and make me look awake and fresh.

How do you like the YSL Touche Eclat? I'm thinking about picking it up this weekend and would love to know how you feel about it? I need an eye brightener. Not so much of a concealer, but just something to hide dark circles and make me look awake and fresh.

I've been using YSL Touche Eclat or a year, and I love it. I usually use it on top of concealer, but it's great on its own as well. I find it works best when I apply the product, let it sit for 30 seconds and then blend it in-- it provides better and more even coverage for me that way. I hope it works for you:smile:

Went to sephora and bought Too faced eyeshadow pots in blue and maroon. I am not loving it right now as it is going on very chalky despite having used Urban Decay primer
p.gif

Went to sephora and bought Too faced eyeshadow pots in blue and maroon. I am not loving it right now as it is going on very chalky despite having used Urban Decay primer
Really?! :confused1:

Are you talking about these:
P57114_lg.jpg

or these:
P8938_lg.jpg

???

I ask, because I love Too Faced shadows and I've never had a problem with the texture. Between all my palettes etc, I probably have ~12 different colors and all of them are silky. I never use a primer, though so maybe that's why :shrugs:

I've been using YSL Touche Eclat or a year, and I love it. I usually use it on top of concealer, but it's great on its own as well. I find it works best when I apply the product, let it sit for 30 seconds and then blend it in-- it provides better and more even coverage for me that way. I hope it works for you:smile:

Thank you. I'm going to try it out this weekend. I really want something I can use by itself. I don't like to wear makeup everyday and I'm hoping this is going to be the product that works.

How are the Laura Mercier and the YSL working out for you?

I really like the YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter! Just as everyone had claimed, it really does glide on smoothly; absolutely no caking and blends right onto the skin. I really only use a few tiny dots under the eyes so even though it is quite pricey (approx. $50) I definitely think it's worth it! With such little usage it will last a good several months!

The Primer seems OK so far - I haven't noticed a considerable difference yet since I've only just used it a couple of times. However, since I've never used a Primer before, all of a sudden I feel I am putting a lot of stuff on my face. Usually it's just: 1) Moisturizer 2) my usual thin layer of Shiseido Hydro-Liquid foundation powder (which I love) 3) Finishing Pressed Powder. Now I have to add another "layer of lotion" (Primer) after the moisturizer so it seems like a lot of stuff on my face. Plus, I need to give it a bit time for the Primer to dry. Anyhow, I'll re-evaluate it after another week or so - to see if it is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.