Post your most recent clothing purchase!

1. The other day I saw >> this blog post << about shopping your closet and they mentioned wearing a formal dress during the day. It totally caught my eye and I wondered if I could pull it off with this Theyskens Theory dress I just bought. It's not super formal but it's also not something I can I really throw on like shorts and a tee. I'd like to wear it more than just on dressy occasions!

Here are some stock photos. Also wanted to show the cut out detail on the side.

NMT628J_bx.jpg NMT628J_mx.jpg

So here's how I'm thinking about wearing it...with a leather jacket (or a black blazer) and belted leather boots. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

I put on a black, crew neck sweater over it and it looks good. So that's a plus. :smile:

Do any of you wear your dresses in more casual ways? Any tips?

2. Here are mine
    Hermes trousers
    Hermes vintage blazer
    and Hermes vintage quilted jacket
    IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg
  3. Wool cape...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1379595012.377835.jpg
  4. It looks great! What happens with a t or blouse under? I love how the jacket and the boots toughen that up.

5. Thank you!! :flowers: I was hoping that someone else would like it because I feared that I'd look like I got dressed in the dark or something. :biggrin:

I haven't tried a tee or blouse underneath but that's a great idea! I appreciate your input! :yes:

6. I LOVE this on you! The boots and jacket compliment it perfectly!

7. I love it. I wear all my dresses in a casual way, since my lifestyle is casual. I never wear hi heels but mostly booties or Lanvin flats/ sandals in summer

8. Just ordered this sweatshirt from Helmut Lang

helmut.jpg
  9. Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 11.43.13.png

my purchase from Victoria's Secret

10. Thank you! :flowers: I was on the fence about whether or not I should keep the dress (due to wearability) but now, after hearing from you ladies, I definitely will keep it!

Thanks Flower! When you do wear your dresses do you still feel dressed up? There's always a thought in the back of my head that when I wear an outfit, I'll look like I'm trying too hard even though I just threw it on. My lifestyle is super casual too so I run into this feeling a lot.

11. DEFINITELY keep it- it's such a chic silhouette and an interesting pattern over a neutral. It's seasonless, and a great brand, and you can do so much with it! ENJOY!

12. I don't feel too dressed up, it depends on the dress really. I love my IM or Vanessa Bruno dresses because you feel dressed up in a chic casual way. When I wear Missoni, well it's more for a night out (which is rare:p)...

13. :heart: