Posh Spice not wanted by designers....

I don't think VB is pretty nor do I think she has a good sense of style, she borders on trashy looking IMO. She also looks too plastic, those boobs are horrendous.

Having said that, I found the article to be snobish and over the top.

I actually think Victoria Beckham does have a sense of style because she too is willing to take risks. At least she is a woman who knows what she wants. In the past she has overdone it a little, maybe borderline "drag queenish" at times, but she's still fabulous! She's worshipped in the UK, and she gets a lot of attention here in the US, so she has to be doing something right. Her fashion efforts have earned her an exclusive denim line of her own which has a cult following. She has her own signature style. She is in a completely different league than Kate Moss and Sienna Miller. That is why she is Victoria "Posh" Beckham, not Victoria "boho chic/bag lady." Lately, everything she wears is an A+ for me. To me, she is perfect with her little razor cut bob and black nail polish. She looks amazing right now....she looked flawless during Paris Fashion Week, and I absolutely loooooved that Giambattista Valli minidress she wore with black tights and tall black boots while she was out shopping in London...

To me Victoria Beckman is like Jessica Simpson, they both love designer clothes.

Yes, both look like they are trying too hard but so what? I agree VB and Jessica love wearing the newest trendiest clothes and don't stick to any particular style (besides in-the-moment designer and expensive). Why does it matter if they have no inherent style and shop straight out of a magazine? Fashion is supposed to be fun and if you are brave enough to be over-the-top or head-to-toe designer, then so much better than being a slob.

I must admit though I can be a snob and consider fashionable people the ones who can mix and match interesting outfits ... but I still much prefer someone who tried too hard (and looked like they stepped out of Vogue or off the runway) than obviously not at all. I love fashion victims! :biggrin: (Well, I love fashion victims with a sense of humor, not the ones who live and die fashion.)

By the way, I don't think most models have great style. They just throw random things on and get away with it because they are tall, thin, and (some are) beautiful.

As far as London style go, it is so much more nonchalant than the US, so I can totally understand this backlash. If VB were an American celebrity, she'd be the "sexier" Nicole Kidman....

You have to take into account that this was written by the Daily Mail (Americans think National Enquirer) They will write just about any trash to sell a copy.

Not a big VB fan, I do think she is way too thin...but she can look incredible at times too.

It amazes that designers can like drug addicts like Kate Moss, and not VB??

So do not get the Sienna Miller thing, she looks homeless at times, yuck.

Eh, fashion can be such a snobby industry. Yes, she probably tries too hard but they should be thankful that women like Victoria keeps their coffers flowing. Isn't that what really matters for a business even the fashion biz that the profits keep coming?

I have to agree with everything in that article. Her fashion sense is in the toilet. She just looks so bad all the time. Just goes to show you can't buy style no matter how much money you have.

I somewhat agree with the article but on the other hand VB doesn't look bad all of the time, she can look quite good when she does it right! But she definitely tries too hard! And what about Sienna Miller? She's a pretty girl but come on, she doesn't compare to Kate Moss! Nobody can compare to Kate Moss' fashion sense! With that said I still think that VB, Sienna and Kate could stand to gain a few pounds!

She's worshipped in the UK, and she gets a lot of attention here in the US

she isn't worhipped in the UK, normally the press make fun of her :shrugs:

You have to take into account that this was written by the Daily Mail (Americans think National Enquirer) They will write just about any trash to sell a copy.

the Daily Mail is a narrow minded news paper but it's nothing like the national equirer. They are more "Little England" and "we hate Tony Blair". The Daily Mail may print one or two articles about celeberites but not sensationalist gossip

As far as London style go, it is so much more nonchalant than the US, so I can totally understand this backlash. If VB were an American celebrity, she'd be the "sexier" Nicole Kidman....

This may be true, London syle is trendy but laid back. People such as Kate Moss, sometimes Sienna Miller too, are admired because don't look so overdone. Sometime they team designer clothes with high street, or modern with vintage, of example. Plus, Brits prefer subtley, so wearing lots of things that scream desinger is deemed tacky by some people.

If I were working for one of the major designers, I would make sure that she would no longer be invited to the shows. With young girls dying to be thin, VB isnt a person who I would want representing my brand.
Secondly, I think she is too fake. She's always trying too hard with designer labels from head to toe. I mean, even us tPFers step out once in a while with an inexpensive bag (at least I do!)
BTW, has anyone noticed her bald spot from all the extensions? Gross!!