Portolano Winter Accessories Sample Sale

1. Portolano Winter Accessories Sample Sale
    Showroom
    Viva la fashion! Enjoy Portolano's cashmere, wool and angora hat and glove ensembles in addition to top-quality, Italian leather gloves. Pashmina scarves, other cashmere items as well as small leather goods are available in a wide array of colors and styles. Don't miss the exceptional handmade silk ties for the man in your life or Portolano Kids' bounty of baby clothes and accessories for the little tykes. All prices are wholesale and below.

Handmade Italian silk ties now $23, orig. $125
    Italian leather gloves (plain) now $27-40, orig. $55-$80
    Pashmina shawls from Nepal now $99, orig. $200

Event Begins: 11/14/2005
    Event Ends: 11/23/2005
    Event Times: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm

(btwn. 5th & 6th Ave.)
    11th Fl.
    New York, NY 10018
    (212) 719-4403

Payment Type: Cash/VISA/MC/AMEX-No Checks

[​IMG]

2. Randomly did a search and this came up.

There is a sale going on right now (12/8-12/23) at 15 W37th St 11th floor

10AM-6PM M-F only
    212-719-4403

Has anyone gone? what are the prices like?

TIA

3. I went in late October/early November. Selection was REALLY good - basically everything you see on their website and then some. Prices ranged from good to so-so. There was a gift with $200 purchase I think, a purse of some sort (in neon colors!)

Lots of leather gloves silk/cashmere lined and regular (good prices, $20-30 range if memory serves me right). Lots of cute wool mittens.

Lots of scarves in wool/silk/cashmere (The nicer cashmere scarves in generic colors were basically full price, same as you would find on bluefly etc)

A nice selection of sweaters and wraps.

Some nice looking small leather goods (key rings, wallets, belts, coin purses)

Adult and kid sizes in all

All in all the deals werent the greatest IMHO, but if youre looking for a unique color (I was able to get mittens in a perfect color match to my RL burgundy scarf) or hard-to find item, it would be worth checking out.

4. When I went in late November, they had an additional 10% off the price on the tag. It might be higher now.