Portatelefono - $$!

1. Why is the portatelefono so expensive? I can't seems to bring myself to buy one at retail! With tax, it comes out to $91.00!! It uses the least fabric and leather trim, hardware is minimal, so I really don't understand why it costs so much! I remembered someone mentioning that the denaro is expensive but since one can actually use the denaro more often than the porta, it kinda pays for iteself over time.
  2. I know, isn't it crazy? I would love to get one... but I can't justify spending that much money on something so small D: Soooo... I figure I can ask my parents to buy it FOR me, as a Christmas present :yes: :p bahahahaha
  3. I feel the same way... I want a porta, but don't want to pay that much for it!! The cost could be due to it's size... Things that are small are harder to sew/make. Just like how baby Nikes cost so much for so little fabric/leather. It's just harder to make. And the porta definitely looks harder to make than the denaro.
  4. Hmm..I really don't see how it's harder to make a portatelefono really. It's like sewing two piece of fabric together and attached the zipper and the mesh pockets. Sew on the wrislet and the snap button and tada! There you have it! :graucho:
  5. Haha. If only sewing were that easy!!
  6. i bought one for 69 off eBay ;)
  7. Funny, I was just thinking the same thing today! I think the Portatelefono is the most overpriced tokidoki bag/accessory for what it is (and how little of the print it shows).
  8. i bought the 2nd gen porta from SH at a discount, but i hardly even use it! i'm starting to wonder if i wasted my $ on it. even at a discount it's not cheap either. :shrugs:
  9. I agree...I really want one to use at a phone case. I got a new camera for Mother's Day and really want to get one, but can't bring myself to pay retail for it. I would love to be able to get it on sale, but they rarely even stay on the sales floor.
  10. And I've never seen anyone carrying/using it either. Maybe most of the time, it's hidden in the bag and rarely sees daylight! And to spend that much money on something that is hidden most of the time ... gee ...
  11. I saw 2 l'amore and 1 pirata portatelefono in Irvine Spectrum Nordstroms yesterday. They were $55.90 or something around there.
  12. i really want one for my nintendo ds (because apparently they fit in there but i have no idea??) but i can hardly justify the bags to my parents
  13. I agree!! only ppl who would use it everyday would actually buy it. I have no use of it, therefore, I dont really want one at all. The price is pretty expensive and the price I rather spend on a mamma mia.
  14. my camera fits in there nicely, and i just put my ipod mini in the front pocket :smile: i also have my earphones & iTrip inside.

if only it could fit my PSP!
  15. I ordered one from SH, I don't know what I'll use it for, but I got it in the original print. Maybe to hold my gadgets, camera, ipod or something. :idea: