Ponytail Scarves

1. I love the idea of actually wearing it like a headband instead of just as bag flair. I try to tie them on my head but they just slip and slide everywhere. Can someone give me some helpful hints on how to wear them on my head? I thought of bobby pins but haven't given them a go yet. Thought I'd check with you ladies first.

Thanks!

2. Well I wear them like headbands but I have to make sure they are closer to my forehead and I tie them super tight. However, I don't have super slippery hair so if that is you then I would suggest bobby pins, but get plastic coated, not metal ones, otherwise you might end up with rusty stains on your scarf.

3. yeah i know what you mean by making them super tight but in the process of trying to do that they slide towards the back of my head. i didn't realize how 'slippery' my hair was. :lol:

Good idea not to use the metal pins. Thanks!

4. i know one of the hair companies make a headband that comes w/scarfs but it would be great for the coach ones. I've been trying to find it everywhere and no luck.
    http://home-solutions.hsn.com/conair-scarf-set_m-10030027_xp.aspx
    this is whta it is, see you can weave it through one end and have it cover the whole headband and put it thru the other side.

but I can't find them in stores!!!!

5. I use two bobby pins on each side and have them criss cross. They seem to stay in place better that way and i put them right behind my ears. no slippage! Works great!

6. I will have to try that!!!

7. Oh, good ideas! I'll have to try some of them. I have the same problems when I try wearing my ponytail scarves as headbands, too!

8. ditto!

and i agree, i love wearing them as headbands rather than tying it on my bags.

9. candac3mari3, I found that headband with the holes in it so you could loop the scarf within it @ Wal-mart. Just $3!! I got one. After looking at the link you posted I went on a hunt for it because i have a difficult time tying it to my head. I was about to just buy some cheap headband and somehow attach the scarf around it but I think there might be sewing involved and I didn't want to do that. So luckily I found it. I can't wait to use it. Thanks candac3mari3 for posting that link!

10. Ohh you found one!? PICS PICS PICS!!!

11. candac3mari3- I have also seen that headband with the holes at Ulta. I think its like $20. I hope you find one!

12. I've seen those at Wal Mart... OMG I have to get one now. I never thought of that. But too bad I sold all my Coach scarves!

13. I put mine realllly close to my forehead. You cant see any hair between the scarf and my forehead, its all covered.
    If I dont do it like that it will slip like yours does. I also tie its oober tight.

14. I love putting headbands and scarves in my hair. I can't tie them too tight because I'll easily get a headache. I usually tie them and then place a bobby pin on each side. My hair is curly and not very slippery but the headband/scarf will eventually slide back as the day progresses. I've never had to re-tie a scarf when I have the bobby pins in place.

15. I also want to see the pics of the headband with holes--I can't picture how this would work. I actually quit buying ponytail scarves, but get the new longer ones from coach. I also love LV bandeaus the best for hair ;)