Poll on buying fakes

I am always amazed by the way people kid themselves. Take for example this entry:

"I don't want to support child labor so I don't. Also, fakes tend to be poor quality and monogrammed. Sorry, but don't want to advertise for a company. If I could get a solid, leather couterfeit bag free of monograms or labels, I would be tempted."

So only concerned about child labour when she can't get what she wants fake. Fake morals as well, then.

Actually, these bags are illegal too

Cant believe that people that normally would commit crime dont have second thoughts about bying counterfeit products,

wow, i didn't realize this thread took off! thank you all for your input. it's a shame to know how much ignorance there is surrounding counterfeit bags. thanks to all who voted/commented. and i agree with lori, even if it makes one person reconsider the purchase, it is well worth it. so cliche but, knowledge is power!

I have something I need to get off my chest....

Two years ago, before I knew ANYTHING about purse forum or designers PERIOD, my aunt bought me a fake Coach bag from China :sad::crybaby:I was only 13, so my family didnt see the point of getting a $100++ bag for me.

The good thing is, I don't use it anymore and would rather carry my teeny REAL Coach wristlet rather than that icky fake.

I'm sorry tPFers...I hope you all can forgive me for this shameful deed...it does feel good to get it off my chest though.

I'm ALL AUTHENTIC now. I've realized that if I can't afford it, I just shouldn't get it until I can. The feeling between carrying something real and something fake is so different.

Thanks PF for helping me realize that...

Oh and sorry about the long rant!! :s:wondering

LOL, I didn't know it was this serious. Anyway I love the real deal. Im not interested in fakes. I don't care nor am I going to make my self sick to the point where I need to leave a place because some woman decides to buy a fake. Her problem not mine.

Everyone should have the pleasure of owning an authentic designer purse. If they did, there's no way they'd own a fake. You can never own a fake once you've experienced a real one! Fakes look and feel repulsive.

Hey dont be so hard on yourself hon

I will fully admit that when I was younger I thought that fakes were the coolest thing because everyone had them. I used to carry a fake LV around until I learned more about what the whole fake "industry" and i stopped carrying it. I am sure that there are many people on here and I have read many people saying that they used to have fakes or they have bought them in the part but realized what goes into them. I hate fakes now and when one of my friends asked why I stopped carrying my "LV" I told her why and she thought it was rediculous and asked me if she could carry it. (I told her no btw ;)). The bag is hidden in the back of my closet now while my authentic bags sit proudly in front :yes:

you are young and you have so much knowledge. I see all the fakes you point out in the LV forum (at least I think thats you). My brother is around your age and it sickens me to see all the fake chanel bags that his friends and classmates carry around.

Two years ago, before I knew ANYTHING about purse forum or designers PERIOD, my aunt bought me a fake Coach bag from China :sad::crybaby:I was only 13, so my family didnt see the point of getting a $100++ bag for me.

The good thing is, I don't use it anymore and would rather carry my teeny REAL Coach wristlet rather than that icky fake.

I'm sorry tPFers...I hope you all can forgive me for this shameful deed...it does feel good to get it off my chest though.

I'm ALL AUTHENTIC now. I've realized that if I can't afford it, I just shouldn't get it until I can. The feeling between carrying something real and something fake is so different.

When I first started being able to afford The Good Stuff, I got ripped off several times on eBay with fakes purporting to be authentic. I had no idea there was a huge INDUSTRY around selling fakes. Needless to say, I've wised up since then, but I still wish I had the money I blew on them back then. All of them have torn up/worn out in a matter of a few weeks, or been so embarrassingly awful-looking I gave them away to get rid of them. NONE of them were worth burning.
One of the points of buying a designer bag is to be good to yourself--not to try to impress others. Even if it means saving up for awhile, you'll be glad you did!

I have to confess, I have a fake LV. My husband saw it at a garage sale for $2 and, remembering how I said I would love to own a LV bag one day, bought it for me. He had no idea how much a real LV costs and thought maybe it could be real! I gotta love him for trying, though, right? I used it a few times, but I just felt stupid carrying it knowing it was fake. I felt like everyone around me would also know it was fake and judge me for using it. Now it just sits in my closet.

^ ugh. check out this quote:

"Trust me, the common people could not tell the fake from the Authentic. I have sold replicas for many years, the best quality of the replicas are amazing. for me, I always use replicas but of course, the best repicas."

Honey. Ain't no such thing as a "best replica!"