poll: how long have you been collecting?

I got my first Hermes at the end of August 2005 and it was a Bolide. So ... probably less than a year but then again, I had never been interested in handbags until very very recently. Prior to that my interest had been mainly food and anime.

I think I'm as unconventional as a Hermes fan can get.

hermesgroupie said:
I beg to differ, avan, I'd have to say it started with your grandmother's Kelly.:girlsigh: She left you a legacy. I wish someone had bequeathed me an Hermes bag.

omg....if my Mother or Grandmother had left me an Hermes bag, I'd treasure it! When I see how beautifully these vintage bags age, they are truly truly priceless, IMO.

hermesgroupie said:
I beg to differ, avan, I'd have to say it started with your grandmother's Kelly.:girlsigh: She left you a legacy. I wish someone had bequeathed me an Hermes bag.
actually you are right, :yes: that is when the love began! :love: (in that case mid 80's)...but the first one I bought was in 1994 also kelly!, my first 3 bags were kelly's. actually I did not buy a birkin untill this millenium! can you believe I did not like birkins at first! :wtf: :lol:

Started with scarves around 16-17. My older brother's wife had some and I loved them so I saved for my first one. My grandmother & mother had Kellys. I thought they were old lady bags when I was young. :shame: Obviously changed my mind later on:P I been buying the bags for about 15 years.:flowers:

Am I the newest here? I just started in February this year. I purchased my first Hermes bag (my black Kelly) on Valentine's Day, and since then, I was also able to buy my Birkin and gold Kelly, all within the span of 3 months. I also picked up some shoes, RTW, and my Bearn. I think I need to stop now, at least until next year, but if the right bag comes along...

i believe i'm the newest member of the hermes craze! i bought my first kelly just last week (gold togo) i love it and once i held it.. i suddenly lost the value of all my other bags including LV and BV limited edition bags.. :love: