Poll: Has TPF had an influence on your Coach handbag collection?

I am probably one of the few who joined because I was OVERWHELMED:nuts: with my purse search and mass accummulation! Since joining my collection has been greatly reduced. :yes:

It's a great place to view and get reviews on new releases to influence purchases.

I have only been on the forum for a few weeks and although I love gabbing about purses it hasn't really influenced how much I have spent or what I bought.

My latest purchases were all Bleeker and the reason was I happen to see in Macy's that the lining was Tattersall and I became obsessed. No postings that I had read had talked about or showed the lining that I noticed.

Now, I will admit that seeing what others have is great and I wouldn't have known there was a small Lily coming out otherwise or that there was special event (until my friend got hers), so I do love tPF.

I loved coach before I found tPF, but since then I REALLY love coach now. I had two bags in two years and then I joined the forum. Since then I have purchased 3 bags in 3 months. I now work there, so I can only see the count going up....I am so in trouble.

I had a huge collection before discovering this wondrous place. Like 28-30 bags. Shoes, wallets, keyfobs too. Since joining tpf I've bought 6 bags. I would've gotten 3 of those for sure (bday, super deals). What I think I've bought influenced by the pf are the shoes, the ponytail scarves, charms, and mini skinnys.

Yes! I joined TPF some time back but hardly ever posted. I went on a little handbag journey that eventually landed me in the Coach forum posting pics of a new shoulder tote I had finally ordered to see what Coach was all about. I ended up exchanging that bag and then accumulated about 15 or more bags in a short amount of time. Then I realized I was buying bags that weren't practical for me and that I wasn't using. I was simply collecting which was not what I wanted to do. I started selling those off and building my collection. I've purchased quite a few bags in the past couple of months but I know because of the information I've found on here that they are practical yet beautiful bags that I will use and cherish for a long time! I wouldn't have ended up with my slim flaps without TPF and I wouldn't have known anything about the Limited Edition Ergo Hippie without TPF either! (TPF is where I discovered the drilldown!) I've learned a ton from TPF and made some great friends! Even though I went crazy at first, I've swung the other direction and am much more practical now. I am quite pleased with my collection presently and thank TPF for the information I find here for that!

I was definitely influenced by this forum in particular. I only had at most 2 Coaches before and actually wasn't even a fan of Coach. I had no idea what style was new, old, etc. What there names were....
To make a long story short, since I joined in October, I have bought 5 Coach bags, 1 wallet, 1 keychain, 2 pairs of shoes, and 1 wristlet. It's been really ridiculous! :nogood:

I'm totally with the first part, but the last sentence would be true if I had any money!

lol lets just say before i joined tpf i had no bags... my first post here was to find a bag to match the coach boots my bf got me for valentines day... the rest is history!!!

tPF is definitely full of enablers!! I have always liked Coach but since joining tPF it has gotten worse (actually my love for handbags in general). It's like the members here are each others' very own handbag cheerleaders! It almost reminds me of a sorority and PCE is sorority rush! LOL

Anyway, I love the enabling here because none of my friends are into purses like me. They are the "I would never pay over $20 for a purse" crowd.

At first it did, and I purchased a lot of bags, but after a while and when a lot of in-fighting took place here and after really examining my stuff, I sold off most of my Coach. I only have two Coach bags (and considering selling one of them) and a couple of accessories. I have a LV Speedy and use it almost exclusively because it goes with absolutely everything.

You are not alone. I do feel it helps us to make wiser choices for ourselves. We learn about a bag before we buy it and find out if its to heavy or small etc for our needs.

I credit tPF for bringing me back to Coach. I had already been collecting, buying, selling, and loving Coach for quite a few years, but had become bored with it and moved on to LV and others. In fact, I found tPF while researching a new LV that I wanted. I hung around tPF for a while, mostly just reading, but the Coach forum finally brought me out of hiding:P. Now, I'm really enjoying Coach again:tup:.

yes it has.....i started here just looking for pointers on identifying fakes for the one and only coach bag I wanted to buy on ebay....lurking a couple weeks and then signing up to chat with all of you and now I own 8 bags!!