Poldark (On Masterpiece)

I just finished season 1 on Amazon Prime (free with membership). I love this! Don't google the show as you will find spoilers for season 2 episodes that aired in the UK. I DVR'd the two episodes of season 2 and will watch tonight and be caught up for Sunday. Love the music and the scenery is so breathtaking!

Reactions: chowlover2
I just finished season 1 on Amazon Prime (free with membership). I love this! Don't google the show as you will find spoilers for season 2 episodes that aired in the UK. I DVR'd the two episodes of season 2 and will watch tonight and be caught up for Sunday. Love the music and the scenery is so breathtaking!
It's a great show, looking forward to future seasons. I think there may be 8 in all.

Oh wow! 8 seasons! I guess it wasn't on last night because PBS was airing the debate
I believe there are something like 12 books the series can be based on. The original back in the '70's only referenced the first 2 seasons ( Robin Ellis who has portrayed the judge both seasons was the original Poldark ) I think they planned for 6, but wanted to see how season 1 was received. It was gangbuster rating s in both the UK and US so they upped it to 8. They film long seasons too. About 8 months. Like GoT starting later in 2017 that's why Poldark started later this year. Season 1 filmed over the summer, but season 2 didn't start filming til Oct because they needed colder weather. It will all be worth it!

I believe there are something like 12 books the series can be based on. The original back in the '70's only referenced the first 2 seasons ( Robin Ellis who has portrayed the judge both seasons was the original Poldark ) I think they planned for 6, but wanted to see how season 1 was received. It was gangbuster rating s in both the UK and US so they upped it to 8. They film long seasons too. About 8 months. Like GoT starting later in 2017 that's why Poldark started later this year. Season 1 filmed over the summer, but season 2 didn't start filming til Oct because they needed colder weather. It will all be worth it!

There are so many great things about this show but I am going to be be superficial and comment on the eye candy....Aiden Turner is so hot and I have a thing for Luke Norris aka Dr. Dwight. Looks like they are expanding his role this season too! I also love the color of Demelda's hair. I thought the actress, Eleanor Tomlinson was a natural redhead until I looked it up. Did not realize until looking her up on IMDB that she played Isabelle Neville in the White Queen

Who is that guy working for George? Is he a friend or his attorney, have not been able to figure it out. For some reason George reminds me of Hugh Grant

Reactions: chowlover2
There are so many great things about this show but I am going to be be superficial and comment on the eye candy....Aiden Turner is so hot and I have a thing for Luke Norris aka Dr. Dwight. Looks like they are expanding his role this season too! I also love the color of Demelda's hair. I thought the actress, Eleanor Tomlinson was a natural redhead until I looked it up. Did not realize until looking her up on IMDB that she played Isabelle Neville in the White Queen

Who is that guy working for George? Is he a friend or his attorney, have not been able to figure it out. For some reason George reminds me of Hugh Grant
Aidan is why I watch too! Luke is hot as well. I watched the White Queen, but don't remember Eleanor in it! ( I think they are filming maybe The Red Queen, or another novel in the series )

Aidan is why I watch too! Luke is hot as well. I watched the White Queen, but don't remember Eleanor in it! ( I think they are filming maybe The Red Queen, or another novel in the series )

Aidan is so hot, he look's even better this season.
I thought it was so funny when the male servant "rose from the dead" to see his wife and everyone having this giant feast

Remember the Kingmaker's daughter, Anne Neville who married Richard, Eleanor played her older sister. She married Edward's other brother and gave birth to a stillborn on the ship to France during the storm. I did not realize it either, but I remember her now

Yes, The White Princess focusing on Elizabeth of York http://moviepilot.com/posts/3968997

Aidan is so hot, he look's even better this season.
I thought it was so funny when the male servant "rose from the dead" to see his wife and everyone having this giant feast

Remember the Kingmaker's daughter, Anne Neville who married Richard, Eleanor played her older sister. She married Edward's other brother and gave birth to a stillborn on the ship to France during the storm. I did not realize it either, but I remember her now

Yes, The White Princess focusing on Elizabeth of York http://moviepilot.com/posts/3968997
I remember her now! No idea she wasn't a real redhead, kind of like Sophie Turner. Thank goodness we have something to keep us amused until GoT returns. I got my BFF hooked, we finished watching the first 6 seasons last weekend. She's ready to start again, I said I'm in!

I wonder when we can expect The White Princess?

Reactions: melissatrv
Anyone watch last night? I feel so bad about Francis. I have a feeling that eventually Elizabeth will have to marry George in order to survive. But at some point Demelza will die and the story will circle back to Ross and Elizabeth being together (after defeating George). The old aunt I think is going to hurt George in some way I think.

Anyone watch last night? I feel so bad about Francis. I have a feeling that eventually Elizabeth will have to marry George in order to survive. But at some point Demelza will die and the story will circle back to Ross and Elizabeth being together (after defeating George). The old aunt I think is going to hurt George in some way I think.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet but dvr'ed it. This season moves slower than molasses and I find myself fast forwarding through some of it.

Since I watched the original series, I knew what was coming, but I think that this series is even better than the first. Apparently the author's daughter said he was very unhappy with the depiction of Demelza in the first series. I think that this George is slimier than his predecessor and certainly better looking! Same with Dwight, much better looking this go-round.