Pocket Square Problem

1. Okay, I think I've been ripped off but it may be me not knowing enough about scarves...

I purchased two pocket squares from an eBay reseller. They are both in the same pattern (L'Ecarte...) - both are chiffon - one has a care tag that reads "100% silk" while the other reads "100% cotton."

Now, I didn't pay a lot and I promise to not be tempted by resellers not on our lists but seriously, is there any possibility? It's fake, right?

I'm too tired and ticked off to get out the camera tonight but I can show pics tomorrow if needed.

Oh God - does Hermes even make chiffon pocket squares?! :shame:

2. Ms Twilly, calm down, I don't think you've been conned. I never heard of chiffon or cotton pocket scarves being faked (that doesn't mean that they don't exist of course but I think they would be really rare).
    Do you want to post pictures?

3. Ms. T, yes, H makes chiffon pocket squares. Please do post pics so the experts can lend a hand.

Good luck!

4. Thank you both! My main concern is that one of these has a care tag marked "100% cotton" but it is sheer, like mousseline?!

Here are some pics:

CottonTag.jpg SilkTag.jpg L'EcartePS.jpg
  5. When I went to the H store over the holidays , my SA showed me a couple of cotton pocket squares

6. I don't know what to tell you, Ms. T, but I do have the same pocket square as you, the black and white in silk (one of my favorites!). I've not seen a cotton version of it, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Hmm... Anyone else know if it does? :shrugs:

7. The mens dept at NM had some cotton ones when I was there last week. they were quite lovely.

8. Hey Ms. Twilly, I was about to bid on these but I forgot the auction!
    I LOVE THEM! And I actually don't think they are fake... but that's just my opinion.

They do have pocket squares in cotton in my H shop, and I think that even if they are quite stiff when new (but still definetly sheer), they might soften up when washed.

I wouldn't worry that much, and I am really envious for your purchase.

9. Aw, thanks Turgo! I had no idea that cotton could be made to look like a sheer fabric such as silk chiffon?

The seller is LVHMA and she is not on our lists. I sent her an email but haven't received a response. The auction stated that these were purchased at Hermes Las Vegas.

I do love the design - I decided to collect it this year to commemorate my new teaching career :smile:

10. Ms. Twilly...I am not a scarf expert, but H LV did have cotton pocket squares in stock when our tPF group met there in December...I do not recall specific styles, sorry...

BTW, Congratulations on the start of new career experiences!

11. Ms. Twilly, I also saw some cotton squares at Hermes last week. They were housed in the drawer right next to the silk pochettes.

12. thanks all! I actually got a very sweet note from the seller. I think it's probably okay and even if it isn't, I'm feeling better.

13. Ms Twilly I am sure they're authentic. And boy, are they lovely! You scored, girl! No faker could reproduce something this lovely, delicate and chic. The quality and finesse of both the silk and the cotton scarf are hallmarks of Hermes' quality and THAT cannot be reproduced.

14. Wow, Hello. I have to tell you that your opinion means a lot to me!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!

(And a little shout out for shopmom for talking me off the ledge last night!)

15. Absolutely beautiful! I may have to add that scarf to my growing wish list!

Lisa