Pochette dilemma - which one?

Peach,

Don't remind me about all the stuff that I have, YIKES! I actually got the original Pochette when it first came out and was an IT bag. LOL. It was only 145 back then.

Anyway, the reason I am having a hard time with the azur is I am really in to matching shoes and bags and I don't wear white shoes, just one of those things with me. I bought it as a summer bag for weddings and things but since I am a big pregnant woman pastels aren't looking so hot on me. I think it does look good with jeans and a neutral top or if you wear a monochromatic outift. If you have the opportunity go to the boutique and try it on. I am just not a pastel person so it wasn't the best fit for me.

Oh my gosh, is it possible to be more confused about this than before I started this thread? :roflmfao: You make me want EVERYTHING! I can't choose!

jellybebe, it's great to know what Azur matches with! I'm starting to see the light in Azur! It's also less busy compared to Mono, which makes me think I have a chance at matching it with my busy/print summer dresses (which I'm very into this season!) Thanks for your help!

Vicky2007, I see your point that something as small as a Pochette should be fun & cute! I like your approach :smile:.

GeorgesLV, no, I don't have anything summery right now to match with my fun summer dresses. I was going to just take advantage of eLux's free shipping, but I think I'll go out to the boutique and check it out! It really would be the perfect summer bag!

KaiieCHANEL, nice! It sounds like it fits more than I thought it would. Too cute! I'm so jealous!

betterthanshoes, this forum is evil! I agree with you that Azur is spring/summer, though I'd really like something versatile, so I'm waiting for lovely TPFers to use it in fall/winter as well. If it doesn't transition, then I can also go for the Mono/Damier LATER, right? :graucho: I may go with Azur, and then get another classic piece.

Ok, I think I'll have to head out for the boutique to actually try these Pochettes. I saw my SA just this past Saturday! He must be so sick of me!

rileygirl, I'm not a pastels person, either! In terms of clothing, they are too "soft" for me and also don't really go well against my tanned skin. I haven't really considered Azur as a pastel, though -- for some reason, I just see it as a white and blue bag and not necessarily pastel. I match my clothes/bags as an overall look and not necessary red shoes w/red bag, etc. (though that is SO hot!) I think you're right that I should try it on in person, so I have already called up a friend to tag along with me to go shopping today. I'm so bad! Oh, and I didn't know you were pregnant! CONGRATULATIONS! Is he/she your second child?

Couture_Girl, you mean Mono AND Azur? :graucho: I'm starting to think I need Azur for this season, and then Mono for Fall/Winter. So bad!

Hiya, I don't know if this helps at all, but I recently bought my first pochette for much the same reasons as you (I desperately needed a bag that couldn't carry the kitchen sink!), and I went for the Azur. Several reasons - I love the line and don't have any other pieces in it yet, whereas I do have a mono speedy. I wanted something logo-free - something about the mono canvas always makes me a touch self-concious. May not be a problem for you tho', lol.

I never even thought about it being hard to match - if I can find stuff to wear with my bals (bright green and red/orange) then azur was frankly not even a challenge. To give you an example, I wore it to the movies last night with a black tank with red and grey skulls on, dark green capris and flip flops and it looked fabulous!

I would recommend the Damier ebene or the mono. I have the mono pochette and it goes with everything, goes with all seasons and has survived a LOT (over 4 years). I love damier ebene because it is lovely and neutral, but not so obviously LV [a lot of people don't recognize the damier pattern].

If you get the azur, I would definitely get mono or ebene too!