Plus-Sized Couture

For true plus-sized DESIGNER clothes, try Anna Scholz and Elena Miro.

Is Elena Miro available in the US at all? I have seen some very appealing runway photos but I have never seen her clothes in person.

Anna Scholz, the rock chic and the plunging necklines do not appeal to me and the quality does not impress me. I think I mentioned that I have a raincoat I paid 300 for (on sale, the original price was 500ish), with loose threads and the belt twisting.

Also both Marina Rinaldi and Anna Scholz cut for women for an amazonic figure -- tall, buxom, not so wide-hipped. I don't think pear-shaped women will really do well with them.

While some would argue that the topic is an oxymoron.. I shall ask anyways. Short of the maximum size in St. John and Saks / Neiman Marcus, where can one find high-quality plus-sized pieces? Ralph Lauren (online only, unfortunately) has served me well but I'm curious as to what other other options I have?

Nordstrom along with Saks and Neiman Marcus has a number of brands. There are some online stores who stock plus designers -- La Grand Dame, Lola & Gigi, Cherished Woman -- but to be honest I think the dept stores have better prices and selection.

Eliza Parker, Melissa Masse, Trashy Diva, Donna Ricco, Citron sell on their own sites. Jibri is a newer brand with respectable suiting fabrics, they sell on Etsy.

Shanghai Tang carries some stock in size 16. Actually a number of mainstream retailers carry 16/18 online -- J Crew, Banana Republic, Anthro, ASOS, Ann Taylor etc., the quality is variable but I have some pieces that are at the Lafayette level.

I've never seen Chanel or YSL in 14, but I found a beautiful Burberry 14 sweater once and I still regret not purchasing it. Tory Burch goes up to 16, DVF to 14 and a few others you can find on Nordstrom