Pls help with my next bag, Manhattan PM, Damier ALma, Damier Speedy 25

1. I was hoping you guys can help me decide on my next bag. I was at LV today and I was stressing on these bags, Manhattan PM, Damier Alma, and Damier Speedy 25. These are all cute bags but I have an issue with each of them. I was liking the PM a lot until this lady walked in there with her PM. The vacheta handle has turned this uneven dark color. Yikes, that turned me off right away. Is there any way of preventing this weird dark coloring from happening or maybe slowing it down? I have the popincourt but it is only a few mos old and the vacheta is still light.

The Damier Alma is also nice. I :heart: the color and don't have to worry about the handles changing color. Also, it's big enough to put the necessary stuff in there, but not so big that it will overwhelm my 5', 105 lbs frame. My kids and husband commented that it was too big for me. What do you guys think?

Now for the Damier speedy 25. My issue with this is the shape of the bag. How do you keep the shape? Since there is no bottom support, the bag will sag when filled. Is it then necessary to put a cardboard on the bottom to keep the shape?

So far, I only have 2 LVs, a popincourt and a epi mandarin pont neuf. I thought that adding a damier to the collection would be nice, please let me know what you think. Thanks.
  2. if you love the alma go for it, you are the one who will be carrying the bag, not your kids or husband... and it sounds like you just love the alma more than the other 2... :smile:
  3. i suggest the Speedy. you can put cardboard at the bottom to stop the sagging, or use a Purseket to keep the shape :yes:, which will let you put a lot more stuff in.
  4. My vote is for the Alma.:yes:

I'm about 5'1" and 107 lbs and own the MC Alma. It’s such a structured bag and is a great size. The Alma can fit a lot of stuff in it. Also another plus with the Alma was the fact that I find the opening is easier to access compared to the Speedy dues it zipper placement. Although I love the iconic Speedy shape, I didn't like the zipper opening and opted for the Mini Mono Josephine (as a substitute) instead cuz it was easier to get in and out of the bag.

I have quite a few friends who own the Mono Speedy and I believe they all put a piece of cardboard at the bottom of their bags to keep it from sagging.
  5. I dont sew, but for someone who did, taking some cute fabric and sewing it around cardboard cut to fit the bottom of a Speedy sounds like a good idea. I only need 50% of the profits for coming up with the idea...anyone, anyone??? :yes:
  6. I love the Damier Speedy 25 but it sounds like you liked the Damier Alma best so get that :yes:
  7. The Alma in Damier is so beautiful! ...I'm not sure... but I think I saw a picture of a tfp member with the same height carrying it and looked fab!:love:
  8. I would go for the speedy or alma. I absolutely love my damier speedy and just keep a magazine in it to keep it from sagging, and me from getting bored.
  9. Totally Agree!:yahoo:
  10. oh, also, if you want to slow down the patina process, you can spray the vachetta with Shining Monkey Leather/Fabric Protector
  11. My vote is for the Damier Alma. That's one beautiful piece.
  12. Youre so right Sarsi. I went back to LV today and agonized:hysteric: about the Alma and Speedy 30 (instead of the 25) The speedy 30 is casual and it would simply be great for traveling and the Alma is elegant and can also be dressed down. Ughhh,:hysteric: what to do, what to do. I called my daughter and asked for her opinion. I'll get you guys know.
  13. Thanks for the tip. I will try this on popincourt.
  14. You're so right. I'm agonizing right now:hysteric: I only wish I could afford both:crybaby:
  15. You clearly want to the alma, so go for it!