Pls help me save my dress

1. I bought a chiffon dress over the weekend and I accidentally damaged the sleeve by pulling it from my suitcase hooked onto a sharp object. Now I'm left with a small hole on the sleeve. Since the sleeve is made of chiffon, is there anything I can do to make the hole look less obvious? Arghh.. I'm so mad at myself!

[​IMG]

2. is there anyway to take it to an alteration store and see what they can do about it? I'm sorry that happened to your dress though. :crybaby:

3. I did. I took it to a seamstress and she said I will have to live with the hole :wtf: . So I came here wondering if someone had been thru what I am going thru now. Guess I will have to either get rid of the sleeve or learn to live with it :crybaby:

4. Did you actually rip a hole into the fabric and tear the threads or are they just sort of moved over?

I wear a lot of chiffon and unfortunately there really isn't much to do with it if there is a tear, if there isn't the best thing to do is just try to even out the threads so the hole does not look too obvious but a tear is definately a problem.

I asked my mom who studied fashion design and sewing in college and she said there isn't much you can do.

So sorry.. things like that are terrible.

5. Thanks Miss 2 A. Its not really a tear, just a small hole. My husband said it wasn't that obvious when I had it on but a hole is still a hole and I know its there. I guess I'm being paranoid. :p

6. It is pretty tiny, hopefully it won't be noticable.

You're welcome : )

7. the hole is not noticable and if anyone points it out act surprised and disappinted.