Pls. Advise this LV Collector Newbie

top five?

my collection has ONE rule:
it doesnt matter what anyone else owns or thinks i should own.

1. classic mono speedy
2. le dentelle speedy
3. le cerise cles
4. pochette
5. le groom sm agenda (which is actually my #1favorite piece ever as far as utility and making my everyday life feel luxurious and artful in the sense of fashion and status. The one piece i will never give up!)

Classic bags are the ones that will always be out there. Since you've started with a classic, the speedy, I'd say buy what you love whether it's limited edition or a classic bag that's part of the permanent collection. I only buy what I like as opposed to what is considered a classic.

My top 5 bags in random order:
Jasmin (epi)
Pochette Croissant (monogram)
Lockit PM (any material)
Cabas Piano (monogram)
Denim Neo Speedy

What a great thread!
My golden rule (set after many bag buying mistakes) is buy what you totally love. If it doesn't set you on fire don't buy it.
My aim is a comprehensive bag collection - something for all occasions and outfits. I have several designers but LV is definitely my mainstay.
Here's my top 5.
Mono speedy 30 - classic, iconic hand held.
Petit noe in epi - black or red - bucket shoulder bag always useful.
Montaigne handbag in epi (not bowling) - multi purpose elegant bag. Can be hand held or shoulder.
Pochette - fab smaller bag for evenings/holidays etc.
Final one is tricky - either blue denim baggy GM (for a bit of casual fun) or Azur speedy 30.

sigh.... we have the same problem...i feel for you girl...i want 2 more speedies and the neverfull in damier and azur and the bh and antigua...and a wallet, and a bandeu and a cles...just debating which one to get first?

sigh.... we have the same problem...i feel for you girl...i want 2 more speedies and the neverfull in damier and azur and the bh and antigua...and a wallet, and a bandeu and a cles...just debating which one to get first?

Thanks for feeling me girl! If only I can buy all of them at the same time. My top 3 are (to date, since tomorrow I might be liking something else again :Push:smile:: 1. Mono Batignolles Horizontal
2. Damier Azure Speedy 25
3. Mono Keepall 50

Did you know that here in the Philippines, the Damier Azure speedy bags are sold out. On the waitlist, I'm on number 50!!! So I guess I'd go for the Batignolles Horizontal first :wlae:

I love:

papillon (damier)
Alma (epi ivoire)
Speedy (damier, azur, mini lin, epi)
Manhattan (smaller size)
a wallet (eg. zippy, eugenie, pochette, any line)
an agenda (I prefer vernis but all are nice)

I guess that's 6 - oops! HTH.

yeah, it depends on your life and what would be useful, but for taking a stab in the dark, I would have that speedy, then maybe something from Epi line that is very ladylike.
Then get a tote from Damier Azur

there's 3.

hmmm.
Then something fun like a Noe or a petit noe in any colour/pattern. I have the petite noe in epi mandarin colour.

then wallet in Mono.

And for kicks, please get a travel bag, either a keepall or a Pegase, or one of the other fabulous bags.
ENJOY!