Please tell me this isn't real...

1. You saw that? I think its real? What do I know! Well I think they also used Seal before as well...:shrugs:

2. I'm not an expert, but i'm guessing they're fake, and please no about the elephant, i've rode on an elephant before, so much fun :biggrin:!

3. I have never seen or hear about elephant before until now. :s

4. H used all kind of skins years and years back when it was perfectly legal. remember times change and what is ok today maybe a no.go tomorrow. who knows maybe in 20 years people will be disgusted with ostrich skins

5. *sigh* that's true. Completely forgot about that. Thanks, love.

6. Thanks Lilach! You are a Library of H Exotics info!

7. Exactly!! Thank you. :heart:

8. Actually I would'nt mind a real Leopard bag (sorry in advance!):hrmm:

9. Real leopard does not age well--I used to own a vintage real leopard bag that my grandmother previously owned, and...well, let's just say that a 70 year old dead cat starts to, ahem, not smell great. And get a lot of bald spots. :s I finally gave it the dignified end it deserved.

On the elephant thing though...I'm very saddened by it, and thankful that it's no longer made, but I do believe that H did use elephant skins long ago. :cry:

10. Years ago in the days of the Raj,, it was acceptable, my friend has an antique elephants foot to store umbrellas in.

Today they are being poached and slaughtered to extinction for there ivory tusks,

Unlike Ostrich , and to some extent crocodile , Elephants cannot be farmed
    Ostrich can easily, its not hard to incubate an ostrich egg and to rear the blighter's,

I draw the line at any endangered species, its not acceptable. and the thought of leopard is terrible, again this species cannot be farmed.
    Are leopards in trouble?

Leopard-skin coats were legal for many years and are still sold secretly. Many trees in leopard habitats have been cut down for building projects. And poachers are still killing leopards for their whiskers, which are used in some potions. In addition, because leopards prey on livestock, they are frequently poisoned by ranchers trying to protect their animals. All leopard subspecies are either endangered or threatened. The U.S. Endangered Species Act and the Commission on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) help protect leopards, as do wildlife parks in their home countries.
    What can you do?

You can join conservation organizations that protect big cats. You can encourage people not to buy or wear fur coats. You can also support efforts to address the impact of the human population on the environment, which is an issue everywhere in the world
    [​IMG]

11. CYN :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Funky Cat!
    Ardneish I understand your point of view however...I think I will hold off judgment until all the world's crisis are solved!

12. hermes_lemming, sorry to cause you pain....

I can't vouch for its authenticity, but I got the photo from a Japanese auction site.

http://sa.item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mukadeya/a/c0875-001/

Of course, personally I wouldn't get it but I added it in our library as reference tool only...

13. ^ It's ok. I was just shocked when I saw your post. No harm done. As others have pointed out, poaching laws were not so strict back in the day. As a result, some of the species have become extinct since then. Fortunately as a consequence, the countries have learned so there's hope.