Please talk me out of getting this bag....

don't forget about the tax if you were to buy from the Hermes store. i think you're looking at about $5-600 in taxes, so the markup is probably more in the order of $2K.

you can't go wrong either way. if you wait, you may end up buying a lot more things that you don't need. you may end up getting other bags and if lucky, a kelly first and still wanting a birkin. or you may get a color that you don't want but because a birkin was offered you took it, and after all that still want your potiron birkin.

Hello ladies, thanks for the advice, I've been a little sick and haven't had a chance to post, I'm still a little unsure of what I want to do, I just want to be comfortable with either decision that I make.

I used to get mad when I think of the mark-up re-sellers put on their bags, but then I thought about the money they are losing having their money invested in Hermes inventory vs. a savings account or stock market.

Having said that, the resellers CHOOSE to resell, so it comes down to whether you have the extra cash and are desperate for this bag. Personally, I would wait - I've had great luck getting all of my bags, but then again I do live near Hermes.

Oooh...good luck whatever you decide - I'm sure LW is great! :yes: