Please say a prayer for my Rockie

1. My Rockie is in the hospital and if you can, please say a prayer/wish/thought to help her find peace and comfort.

I've been a wreck the past few days... we got her into the vet on Saturday after her not looking too well the past couple days, it was a sudden and drastic change. They rehydrated her, ran some tests...but we were able to take her home. Spent a lot of time with her, but she just wasn't herself.

Today the vet called at 9:30 and asked us to bring her in so they could put her on IVs, I had her brought in and the vet called to tell me she had some breathing problems. But that cleared up and by the end of the day she was ok, but we opted to move her to a hospital with 24hr care for the night. The hospital wanted to check a few more things... did an xray and found instead of the assumed kidney failure, that one kidney looks like a solid, large cancerous mass. They're going to do an ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning... but it isn't looking good.

I'm so sad because she was awake in the car while I was bringing her there and I talked to her and rubbed her and she looked good... but then at the hospital they whisked her off while I filled out forms and sedated her... and as I was saying goodnight I just kept wishing I got to spend more time with her while she was awake.

I think we're going to have to put her down tomorrow.

Please wish her some peace and comfort. She really is the sweetest and has been a part of our home for 16 years (she was 2 when we got her, so she's 18). She was my first cat, and because of her, I've also had three others enter my life (one has already passed and two others are currently with us). She has lived a wonderful life and brought so much happiness to my family... I just cannot bear to think about what it will be like to never see her again.

I'm sorry this is so long and rambly. Its all happening so quickly. All I want to do is to hold her forever and never let go.
  2. I'm so sorry this is happening. I know all too well the pain of losing a pet and I'm sending good wishes to you and Rockie.
  3. Praying for you and your beloved Rockie. It's the hardest thing to go thru with our pets; I'm so very sorry.
  4. Aw Blue, I am so sorry, have been here with pets & it is heartbreaking. Take comfort in that you gave her a fabulous life & that you wouldn't want to see her suffer. Will be thinking of & praying for you & Rockie :heart:
  5. You & Rockie will be in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love & hugs to you and your precious Rockie :heart:
  6. Praying for you all.:heart:
  7. So sorry to hear you're going through this. I know how difficult can be. You and Rockie will both be in my thoughts tonight. May she find comfort in knowing how much she was loved and may she have an easy night.
  8. oh, blu -- i'm so sorry. it's just such an awful thing to go through. i wish strength, comfort and peace for both of you.
  9. ((Blue))
    I just went through this with my Tigris yesterday. The tests, the thought it was kidneys, then liver/diet, the rehydrating and the xray/cancerous mass. I posted about it on another thread. My heart goes out to you. I am missing my Tigris so very much, but I know it was for the best.
    I SO know what you mean about wanting more time. Tigris really didn't want to be held the last few days, and the end came so very quickly Sunday morning. But I'll always remember on Friday, cupping her tummy up in my arms, rubbing her and hearing that big big purr -- the last time I heard that. She looked so happy at that moment. The next day, she could barely walk.

I believe my baby's already back, in the soul of a bird or someone very very special. She made my life so much better for such a long time, and I think I, hers. Lots of love and support to you !!
  10. Oh, I'm so sorry for you, you and Rockie are in my thoughts :heart:
  11. I'm sorry to hear about Rockie. My best wishes for him! :heart:
  12. :heart::heart::heart:
  13. I am so sorry to hear this. This is such a hard thing to go through, and unfortunately for those that love animals, it happens and we are never ready. My thoughts are with you and your sweet kitty!

14. the poor little sweetie, I'll be thinking about you both!
  15. My thoughts are w/ you ... she sounds like a sweet kitty.