Please Pray for My Dad

I just got back from the hospital not too long ago.

My Dad seems to be doing a bit better. His doctor said he's in good shape for someone who just had a massive heart attack, though they won't know the extent of the damage for another 4-6 weeks.

While my sister and I were there, my Dad was talking to us. We got him to eat some food. He had just gotten back from some tests so he was a bit tired, but we got to spend a half hour with him which was nice.

I got to talk to his nurse, who is terrific by the way, and she said that if he shows more progress, he may get to come home as early as Friday. I really hope he's here for Christmas, but if he needs to be at the hospital I'd rather he gets the care he needs.

Again, thank you everyone for all the thoughtful comments.

I just got back from the hospital not too long ago.

My Dad seems to be doing a bit better. His doctor said he's in good shape for someone who just had a massive heart attack, though they won't know the extent of the damage for another 4-6 weeks.

While my sister and I were there, my Dad was talking to us. We got him to eat some food. He had just gotten back from some tests so he was a bit tired, but we got to spend a half hour with him which was nice.

I got to talk to his nurse, who is terrific by the way, and she said that if he shows more progress, he may get to come home as early as Friday. I really hope he's here for Christmas, but if he needs to be at the hospital I'd rather he gets the care he needs.

Again, thank you everyone for all the thoughtful comments.

Oh Dear!! I'm terribly sorry to read about your dad, but glad to read he's doing better now!! My thoughts are with you and your family during this trying time:heart:.

i'm very happy to hear he is doing better, my dad is in heart failure so i can relate to being worried about a father who is sick often. i hope he contines to grow stronger!

also one of my close friends is a cardiac nurse so if you have any questions that you can't get answered i can try to ask her on your behalf!! or my dad...he's been in cardiac rehab for so many years he's practically an expert!!!