Please offer your opinion..Would you be unhappy about this?

1. Impluse purchase. Will get it tomrrow. Anyone know more about this bag? I know it is from F/W 2006. Nothing else. What is the style name? Is it roomy? What was the retail on this? Anxious to know. TIA!

blacklambskin.JPG
  2. That's a black lambskin pochette from the Paris-NY collection for Fall 2006.. i loved the flap/clamshell version of that and almost got it but it's too much like an evening bag.
    Congrats!

3. Thanks Absolutanne. I know what you were talking about. I loved the flap version too. I already regret my decision buying this one. So upset at myself. So reckless with my hard earned money. I don't want a small evening bag. I overpaid :crybaby:

4. Just return it when it comes, or did you get it from eBay? It does look like a cute bag though.

5. I got it from eBay... $1200.. I don't think I can return it simply because I changed my mind:cursing:

6. I had the purse on my watch list. :yes:
    I think it's a great looking purse but if you are not happy with it, maybe u can resell it on eBay?

7. It is sad to think about selling something that I haven't received it yet. The worst nightmare would be that the actual retail is below 1200!!! Now I think about it I probably will only get half of what I paid back..scary

8. Cute bag! Maybe you'll love it when you see it in person. (or bag that is lol)

9. I think the flap version is actually nicer... give it more substantial look... I didn't do well price wise, maybe. I am keeping my fingers crosses that I will really love it when I get it tomorrow.. I don't want to sell it to make a quick LOSS :graucho:

10. Congrats on your new purchase!

11. congrats, very cute.

12. Update on this story:

Seller said in the listing that this bag cost her $2900 initially then changed the number to $2000 in her email correspondence with me. Said wouldn't go lower than $1300 and I offered $1200 she accepted. Then after I paid for it already I started questioning the retail of this bag and asked her the question again with evidence that the fancier, bigger flap version was 1995. she did admit this one retrailed for 1595. The reason she said 2000 was because Chanel up'ed their price recently so she felt it is reasonably to say it was a $2000 bag. I made a mistake by not doing any due diligence on this before hand. I can't stop feeling being cheated in a way since I probably won't not have offered 1200 should I know the truth. Would you agree? Was I being too picky on this?

13. Since nobody is replying my original post I am starting a new one :p For a picture of the bag please see my original post.
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/just-purchased-this-what-is-this-called-150390.html

I just bought a bag from a seller on Ebay.
    Seller said in the listing that this bag cost her $2900 initially then changed the number to $2000 in her email correspondence with me. She said that she wouldn't go lower than $1300 since it is a $2000 bag and I offered $1200 she accepted. Then after I paid for it already I started questioning the retail of this bag and asked her the question again with evidence that the fancier, bigger flap version was 1995. she did admit this one retrailed for 1595. The reason she said 2000 was because Chanel up'ed their price recently so she felt it is reasonably to say it was a $2000 bag. I made a mistake by not doing any due diligence on this before hand. I can't stop feeling being cheated in a way since I probably won't not have offered 1200 should I know the truth. I don't think a porchette is worth that much. But my head was overheated by all her saying it is a 2000 bag at that time...

I know I should let it go now. But if you were in my shoes, would you feel that someone breached your trust in their words? Was I being too picky on this?

14. well you still got it for under retail. i wouldn't be happy that she lied to me but as you said you didn't research to find out what the retail was. you didn't get a bad deal- 1600 plus tax possibly is a lot more than 1200. you got a good deal. honestly if you're worried you paid too much or have buyer's remorse then you should email the seller once you get the bag and see if she'll return it or try and resell it. but many sellers will not take returns for remorse. and you never know- you might get it and fall in love!