Please ID this BV - Style, Color, Age - Post here!

...moved your post here where more of the ID knowledgeable members look

Hi Group!

My name is Jen (I'm new!).
Sorry to post this in a random chat thread, but I don't think I have access to create my own just yet.

Here's the scoop:

My mother passed away two years ago, and left behind a lifetime of AMAZING bags for me (I rummaged through her closet my whole childhood. Probably why I was never sad about having brothers and no sisters LOL). Anyway, this BV became one of my absolute favorites.

Problem: I know NOTHING about it! Receive compliments often, but whenever a true BV fan asks questions...I've got nothin'. I was hoping the experts may know a little bit more about it.

FYI: I'm not asking for authentication (I know there are designated threads for that...plus I really don't have any doubts about it.)

Thanks for your help!

C0XDn.jpg

wmsW3.jpg

t1xKM.jpg

p0BGR.jpg

mp1hd.jpg

The bags from this time usually didn't have a special name. From the details I'd say it's mid-late 1990's. The textured material looks the same as what makes the Marco Polo line so special and durable. I don't know any more but it's lovely and a real *ladies' handbag*! How neat to have had such a stylish mom.

P.S. A big welcome to the Purse Forum!

Welcome to BV and TPF
this bag is gorgeous
your mom had great taste
there is a vintage bag thread
I do believe sbelle has some older marco polo in black
she might be able to tell you more.
I don't think it matters it is just beautiful and you should carry it
sad about your mom's passing but now you get to remember her every time you use the bag

...moved your post here where more of the ID knowledgeable members look

Hi Group!

My name is Jen (I'm new!).
Sorry to post this in a random chat thread, but I don't think I have access to create my own just yet.

Here's the scoop:

My mother passed away two years ago, and left behind a lifetime of AMAZING bags for me (I rummaged through her closet my whole childhood. Probably why I was never sad about having brothers and no sisters LOL). Anyway, this BV became one of my absolute favorites.

Problem: I know NOTHING about it! Receive compliments often, but whenever a true BV fan asks questions...I've got nothin'. I was hoping the experts may know a little bit more about it.

FYI: I'm not asking for authentication (I know there are designated threads for that...plus I really don't have any doubts about it.)

Thanks for your help!

C0XDn.jpg

wmsW3.jpg

t1xKM.jpg

p0BGR.jpg

mp1hd.jpg

The bags from this time usually didn't have a special name. From the details I'd say it's mid-late 1990's. The textured material looks the same as what makes the Marco Polo line so special and durable. I don't know any more but it's lovely and a real *ladies' handbag*! How neat to have had such a stylish mom.

P.S. A big welcome to the Purse Forum!

Thank you!!! :smile:

yes it is
if I remember correctly lagoon was more blue than green
it just photographed green
if it is not lagoon it could be empire which is a blue that photographed green
maybe someone else will be able to chime and tell you more

Last edited:
Thank you, septembersiren! Is the Lagoon the same as this one currently available at Saks? Saks calls it just green. They do look very similar, don't they? Thanks!

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...name=Bottega+Veneta&N=306592815&bmUID=jvAKRcd

Hi...I also believe this is irish green...when I zoom in on the karung trim, it looks green.
The interior lining also looks green.
Furthermore, at this point in time, Saks would have cleared themselves of the seasonal colors of the cruise 2011 inventory.
Now, there is a TEAL coming out for fall 2012 which is basically a darker version of lagoon..

Hi...I also believe this is irish green...when I zoom in on the karung trim, it looks green.
The interior lining also looks green.
Furthermore, at this point in time, Saks would have cleared themselves of the seasonal colors of the cruise 2011 inventory.
Now, there is a TEAL coming out for fall 2012 which is basically a darker version of lagoon..
Thank you septembersiren and cabochon! I am looking for a Knot in the turquoise green/teal/lagoon color family...so I guess it makes sense for me to wait for the TEAL in the fall 2012 collection...

cabochon, do you have a link to the fall 2012 Teal knot?

And does anyone here own the new Irish Green knot? I love the rich deep color of the Irish Green from what I can see on net-a-porter, but the trim is too light in contrast to that dark green, I feel. The trim on the Saks one doesn't look as light as the one on NAP, nor does the Saks green look that dark, like septembersiren says...that's why I was wondering if the Saks one is some other style.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/313872?cm_mmc=EmailWhatsNew-_-150612-_-AmFriday-_-WNProduct

I really appreciate the help and knowledge you ladies offer!:smile:

Thank you septembersiren and cabochon! I am looking for a Knot in the turquoise green/teal/lagoon color family...so I guess it makes sense for me to wait for the TEAL in the fall 2012 collection...

cabochon, do you have a link to the fall 2012 Teal knot?

And does anyone here own the new Irish Green knot? I love the rich deep color of the Irish Green from what I can see on net-a-porter, but the trim is too light in contrast to that dark green, I feel. The trim on the Saks one doesn't look as light as the one on NAP, nor does the Saks green look that dark, like septembersiren says...that's why I was wondering if the Saks one is some other style.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/313872?cm_mmc=EmailWhatsNew-_-150612-_-AmFriday-_-WNProduct

I really appreciate the help and knowledge you ladies offer!:smile:

Try Barneys.com for very clear pictures of both the irish green and teal satin/karung knots. Both of these knots also available at BV boutiques...saw them earlier this week.

Attachments

• teal knot barneys.png
    teal knot barneys.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 302
  • irish green knot barneys.png
    irish green knot barneys.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 311
Try Barneys.com for very clear pictures of both the irish green and teal satin/karung knots. Both of these knots also available at BV boutiques...saw them earlier this week.
Thank you! The teal looks more blue than the turquoise green I was hoping for. You saw these at the boutique? How does the Irish Green look like in real life? Gorgeous, I suppose! :drool: These Knots sure are addictive...