please help!!

1. hey everyone!! im currently a student doing her last year of high school and one of my subjects is design and technology. we have to make a major project and im designing handbags!! i need to distribute surveys as part of my portfolio so i was hoping that you could fill out the following survey and post it back... it would help me a lot!!

Handbag survey
    *Age____
    *What items do you carry in your handbag on a day to day basis? Eg-mobile phone, purse etc
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*If you were going out for the night and were only taking a small bag or clutch, what things would you take with you? Eg money, mobile phone etc
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*When out shopping for a new handbag what do you look for?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Is there anything your handbag doesn’t do that you would like it to do? Eg- hold more items etc
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*How much are you willing to spend on a handbag?

*Do you usually try to match your handbag with your outfit?

*Would a handbag which could change to suit the situation appeal to you?

*Are there any other comments you’d like to make about handbags?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you!!

2. *Age_25___
    *What items do you carry in your handbag on a day to day basis? Eg-mobile phone, purse etc
    __cell phone, checkbook wallet, multifunction wallet, agenda, makeup bag filled with necessities ____ ________________________________________

*If you were going out for the night and were only taking a small bag or clutch, what things would you take with you? Eg money, mobile phone etc
    ______cell phone, cash, credit card(s) skinny mini for said cards, drivers license, smokes, lighter ______________________________ _______________________________________

_quality in construction, colors to compliment my style, overall design, roomy enough to fit my junk but not so big it overpowers me _______________________________________

*Is there anything your handbag doesn’t do that you would like it to do? Eg- hold more items etc
    ____________i wouldn't mind having more pockets inside ____________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______

_________depends. i have spent anywhere from $10-$800.00 But it really depends on quality and materials.___________________

__yes, most of the time. i do have a couple of bags that go with about anything for lazy days. __________________________

oh yes, for sure.

__i have an addiction, that's no question. ______________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____________________________________

3. ;)

4. *Age__49__

_pda, cell phone, makeup bag, keys, pens, mints_______________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ __________________

___cell phone, money, license, lipstick/gloss, keys_____________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ __________________

__quality, brand name, texture of leather, price point, hardware, compartments, weight of bag______________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______

_no, i always select a bag that works well for me and my lifestyle_______________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______

____up to $1000.00________________________

__no__________________________

________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____________________________________

hope this helps!

5. *Age___49_

cell phone,wallet,makeup case,brush,tissues,sunglasses,reading glasses,mints,keys,pen/pad________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ __________________

__phone,credit cards, license, cash, trish mcevoy face/lips, keys,______________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ __________________

quality of material/leather, size, stitching, lining quality, how heavy is it, color________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______

___longer shoulder drops would be nice without being too long, ie not cross body_____________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______

never spent more than 2,200____________________________

_____Always_______________________

*Would a handbag which could change to suit the situation appeal to you? No, it would most likely not be completely right for either situation.

______________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________________________ ____________________________________

6. *Age 24

Wallet, phone, mascara, concealer, small perfume bottle, hand sanitizer (nyc subways are disgusting), and a small tube of lotion, and anything i need for school

usually i don't bring my wallet - i clip some money, an ID and a credit card together. Then of course my phone, masacara and consealer and that's it.

For a school bag - can i put all my school stuff in it and will it be confortable on my shoulder.

For a everyday bag - comfort, convience, style and will it hold all my neccessities.

I bounce between my LV Pouchette and Speedy 30 - so i either have too little room or too much room -- i think i need to get a new bag :smile:

As of right now, no more than $600. I'm still in school and need to watch my spending. When I finally get out that price will definiitly change.

yes

yes

I believe you show who you really are through your handbags: classic, trendy, minimalist, etc.

7. Handbag survey
    *Age____25
    ______wallet, phone, mints, lip gloss, concealer, keys, personal items, etc.____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________same as above- I don't carry too much, but in a small bag I reduce the size of my wallet._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____leather/design, color, strap style, size, whether it will be functional, and won't get too dirty easily__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________weigh less_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________It depends on quality, use, and appearance.__________________

_______Yes_____________________

*Would a handbag which could change to suit the situation appeal to you? Yes, maybe.

______________No._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8. *Age 17 (and male)

I usually take my cell phone, wallet/checkbook, coin case, a small bottle of cologne, keys, pens, a paper pad/small notebook, and occasionally a book.

I would bring a small money clip instead of a wallet, my keys, and a cell phone.

I look for longer straps, durribility, monochromatic and neutral colors, and designs that are relatively simple and classic, but stand out from basic styles and have different details that I have not seen in other bags.

I would like handbags to have more small pockets so that it is easier to find and store items and more comfortible straps and handles.

Between 200-300 at most for a cloth bag and up to 800 at most for a leather bag

I usually want the styling and colors to be similar to what I try to achieve with my outfit, but I don't put too much interest into it.

I wouldn't say so. My style variates incredibly depending on the occasion, so a bag that would be almost the same for many situations would be impractical for me.

Good luck on your project! Sounds like an interesting course

10. Handbag survey
    *Age_25
    Wallet, cell phone, keys, small makeup bag, digital camera, sunglasses.

Cell phone, keys, tiny wallet (ID, credit card, cash), lipgloss.

General style of the bag (nothing specific, just something that appeals to me), softness of the leather, overall quality, not too heavy in weight. Also if if fits on the shoulder comfortably.

Not really. I buy various bags to meet my different needs.

Up to $1000.

Yes.

Maybe, but that wouldn't be a main feature I'd look for.

11. * Age?

*What items do you carry in your handbag on a day to day basis? Eg-mobile phone, purse etc.

I don't carry much -- my wallet, keys, cellphone, nice pen. I also carry a change of shoes because I wear tennies to work and then change in the office.

*If you were going out for the night and were only taking a small bag or clutch, what things would you take with you? Eg money, mobile phone etc.

Wallet, keys, cellphone, lipgloss, mirror.

Craftsmanship, utility, appropriate size, and weight (I don't like carrying heavy bags)

No

I have spent up to $1,800 but I usually try to keep all my purchases under $1K (most of my bags are pre-loved)

Generally, yes, but not just in color but style too

Maybe, if it wasn't too complicated (Hermes Herbag comes to mind although I don't own one)

Yes, I love them, I think they are a reflection of my personal style.

12. Handbag survey

Wallet, Cell Phone, Cosmetics Case, Pen, Car registration, etc..

Wallet, cell phone, lipstick, concealor.

Lately ... brand, and otherwise design, quality of materials, colour

Nope, it holds it all!

It's slowly gone up ... used to be $500, then I said I'd never pay $1,000 and now the last couple have been about $1,500. So now I'm saying not over $2,000! However, depending on how much I love something, the label isn't everything, so I would have no hesitation purchasing a less expensive purse over a more expensive one.

Usually not. I'm probably very unfashionable that way!

That's an interesting idea. One night I had a dream about a purse that had removable outer panels, so you could switch them out when you felt like it to make the purse different. I thought that was a great idea in my dream!

I don't think so. :smile:

13. Handbag survey
    *What items do you carry in your handbag on a day to day basis? Cell phone, wallet, check book, hair brush, lip gloss
    *If you were going out for the night and were only taking a small bag or clutch, what things would you take with you? : Driver's license, 1 credit card, cash

*When out shopping for a new handbag what do you look for? : Size, ease of getting into the bag, price
    *Is there anything your handbag doesn’t do that you would like it to do? I've gotten very careful since I've moved into high end handbags so I don't get disappointed very often.
    $500 up to $1400.00

No,no,no, the handbag is a whole separate issue from my outfit.

Would a handbag which could change to suit the situation appeal to you? only changing the handles to be handheld or shoulder carried.

Are there any other comments you'd like to make about handbags? Probably just that it is amazing to me how much emotion can be felt with an accessory- isn't it odd?

14. *Age 22
    wallet, mobile phone, agenda, make-up bag, lip gloss bag, comb, small mirror, sometimes a bottle of water
    driver's license, credit card, money, phone, 1 lip gloss

mainly, do i love the way it looks? also, is it practical enough to use a lot and will it hold everything i normally carry?

Right now I am carrying LV Speedies the most, and I am kind of wishing for a shoulder bag. But it's nice to have them as hand held bags sometimes, so no, I guess I don't wish they were shoulder bags.
    $2000 is about my limit right now.

not necessarily "match" but it has to "go"

probably... like a clutch w/removable strap that could be used as a shoulder bag or wristlet.
    I love them!!!!!!!

15. Handbag survey
    *Age 29
    Wallet, sunglasses, cell phone, keys, lip balm, small notepad, pouch for store rewards cards/gift cards/coupons, eyeglasses, small stick of solid perfume, key card for the office, hair ties, gum or mints

Money, cell phone, 1 credit card, ID, house key, lip gloss, car key (if I'm driving)

A unique design, quality details such as good seaming, nice leather, etc., usually I already have a style or color in mind before I go looking, though.

Pay for its own keep and parallel park.

I've never spent more than $400, but I'd certainly consider spending more if I found a bag I had to have.

I'll wear black with black or brown with brown, but for other colors, I try NOT to match. A (strategically) clashing bag will make it stand out more against your outfit.

Sure, less need to switch out bags then! I love bags that have more than one strap or fold up to change their look.

My name is Mockinglee and I am a handbag addict.