Please help, UPS lost my Chanel bag

Hypothetical here... what if the box does arrive at Chanel and the bag is not

in it something else is... wouldn't the investigation begain at the UPS that

packaged the item??? Whether this item was insured for $100 or $1000?

The investigation would have to start somewhere..

I'm guessing that the girl packing the box didn't know what Chanel was... otherwise she maybe would've recommended that OP insure it for more than $100. It's unlikely she knew how valuable the purse was and packed a random item in it's place.

I think it was the address itself (Chanel store) written on the package that maybe caught the driver's eye. The driver could have easily saw that it wasn't insured (for it's full value) and there wasn't signature confirmation... so they took it. This particular driver likely has Chanel on their regular delivery route and knows what type of store Chanel is and whatever was in the box had some sort of value to it.

OP needs to find out who that driver was and have someone more aggressive help her talk to this driver.

first all,,
back on may 10th , i walked in to ups store, hang my chanel bag in to the lady unpacked, cuz i dont have a box for it .. and told her that i need this ship out to chanel store.. so she told me i could used ups next day air shipping which is guaratee serivce will be there by 3pm .. and i asked her how about the insurance, she told me its inclueded, but nevery mention its only insure up to 100..i never ship out anything like this big before .. theres i have no clue that i need to delcare value of the package when i ship out .....

I assume you the one who filled up the waybill and sign it. There should be a section in the end where you have to declare the value of contents. Did you leave it empty?

I'm guessing that the girl packing the box didn't know what Chanel was... otherwise she maybe would've recommended that OP insure it for more than $100. It's unlikely she knew how valuable the purse was and packed a random item in it's place.

I think it was the address itself (Chanel store) written on the package that maybe caught the driver's eye. The driver could have easily saw that it wasn't insured (for it's full value) and there wasn't signature confirmation... so they took it. This particular driver likely has Chanel on their regular delivery route and knows what type of store Chanel is and whatever was in the box had some sort of value to it.

OP needs to find out who that driver was and have someone more aggressive help her talk to this driver.

Agree here... there are many possibilites of what could have gone

astray here... not liking the thought that a UPS driver may have taken

it or perhaps the UPS shipper did indeed know what it is was & put

something else in the box... that is why it's not a bad idea for the OP

to start some kind of investigation... perhaps the store manager at

Chanel could speak to the UPS driver to find out what happened to

the package...

OP -- so sorry to hear you are going through this -- I hope it has been successfully resolved

While it sounds like UPS is only required to refund you $100 I hope given the circumstances they will payout a larger claim -- you may want to contact UPS corporate (instead of the local store since I believe the local stores are franchised and indeed small businesses)

I would be surprised if the driver took the box -- UPS drivers earn on average $70K plus benefits including pensions and in this economy I can't imagine someone risking their job to steal a $5K bag -- the bag could just be misplaced or if the driver wasn't paying attention some else could have taken it -- scarily I just saw my FedEx guy leave a cart of packages on the street in Manhattan as he ran into a building to leave a package with the doorman -- I could easily have nabbed a box but of course I didn't

If UPS will not refund you as others have mentioned this may be covered by purchase protection if you paid via Amex or by your homeowners/renters insurance
Good luck OP!

your links don't work.

Is this it?

Picture6.png

Yes , that's it !!
I'm so stressed out !!!
They did started to investigate this package for 8 business days , on thursday the owner of ups store called me , they finally delcare its lost . Theres nothing that he's able to do , except file a claim and pay me 100 dollars ..
I have try millions time by calling ups 1800 , to get ups Corp number , or a higher management of ups local store , for them to do more search on it ,.
No one, there's no number for it !!!!
I kept saying the owner of the ups store is being racism , cuz he had not put any effort toward this case , never answer any my questions , if the package is lost , who stoled it ? How did it got lost , I'm sure there's a way he could contact ups Cor or Orlando ups management to get this investigation stater more Into it .. Not just mentions there's nothing else I can do as this case !! I'm sry u didnt delcare value at the first Point, first all, as consumer I never ship out anything this big , as ups sale person , she should of ask me for this , after I asked her was there's any insurance , the ups rep told me , it's included, but not mention its only insure to 100 dollars .. I told her 3 times , I can't lose this package ,... She's like yeah, it's gurantee service !!!!
And now since the package is lost , no one is steepping up to get this situation solve ..

I guess I don't understand this at all? Why didn't you pack it yourself and why didn't you buy the full amount of insurance for the bag? Sorry if I missed something along the way, but if I were shipping a Chanel, I'd do everything I could do but drive it to the location myself, just to be sure it would arrive safely. :smile: I don't see anything that indicates racism here, just a lost box.

Again, I don't think this is a race issue... and I am sad to think that you are so

hell bent on feeling this way...

you should have taken the time to look at the paperwork & perhaps you would

have noticed the info about the insurance... YOU were too TRUSTING!! and

now you are learning a very very costly lesson.... today is a holiday

corporate UPS may not be working...

Have you tried calling the Chanel boutique to see if has indeed arrived there??

Agree here... there are many possibilites of what could have gone

astray here... not liking the thought that a UPS driver may have taken

it or perhaps the UPS shipper did indeed know what it is was & put

something else in the box... that is why it's not a bad idea for the OP

to start some kind of investigation... perhaps the store manager at

Chanel could speak to the UPS driver to find out what happened to

the package...

Oh, she knows , and shes Denied on everything, she said she asked me of I need to delcare value of it, cuz it's such a big bag , I
Told her i don't need to .. She said she even ask me if I need extra insurance on top of it . I told her , no !!!

Omg .. So wrong !!' god need to punish her for making everything up !!
So pissed , and ofcourse the Owner going to stand his employees back , not me !!
Did I even mention she put in a wrong add on it ?
I gave her suite number should be 280 .
She kept telling me her address on the ups computer saids 143 ..
And I told her it need to be corrected , that's the time the owner came out , I will lose my insurance and gurantee If I insis use 280 ..
So they put both suite number on it ..
Now its all happening .. I'm felt im so dumb . And idiot .first of all, the add was wrong , and y the hell I didn't them pack ?
All my fault ..

Jamie, things like this happen.. they shouldn't happen because you are dealing

with UPS but stuff does get lost, stolen, etc... What you should have done

you didn't do...& you can't keep beating yourelf up...and by your own admission

she asked you if you need to declare value and you said NO...and extra

insurance on top & you said NO again.... sorry, that this is happeneing to

you but you made a poor choice... if you have homeowner's insurance or

if you paid for this on a credit card, see what options you have... but you might

only get back what the insurance was on this which is $100... you can certainly

start an investigation to find out if that Chanel bag was packed up or something

else was in that box because the weight of 2lbs doesn't sound right for a

Chanel jumbo (think you said it was a jumbo) + packing materials...

Jamie, things like this happen.. they shouldn't happen because you are dealing

with UPS but stuff does get lost, stolen, etc... What you should have done

you didn't do...& you can't keep beating yourelf up...and by your own admission

she asked you if you need to declare value and you said NO...and extra

insurance on top & you said NO again.... sorry, that this is happeneing to

you but you made a poor choice... if you have homeowner's insurance or

if you paid for this on a credit card, see what options you have... but you might

only get back what the insurance was on this which is $100... you can certainly

start an investigation to find out if that Chanel bag was packed up or something

else was in that box because the weight of 2lbs doesn't sound right for a

Chanel jumbo (think you said it was a jumbo) + packing materials...

Yeah, it is a jumbo flab with silver chain .
I don't know , I am totally lost . I have no more extra strength to fight with them anymore .. Felt so hopeless ....