Please HELP! -- trouble "subscribing" to threads?..

1. I am sorry. I know this is not the place for this kind of question but I don't know where is the correct place. I notice that you can have a default subscription (under edit options) to the threads you respond to and there is an option to have an "instant email" notification of a reply. Or this is at least how *I* interpret it. I have never gotten a email from this site for any thread replys. I am having a hard time keeping up with the threads I reply to. Does this forum send emails if someone responds to a thread you are subscribed to? I have checked my email that I entered a dozen times and it is correct. What am I doing wrong??:shrugs:

2. Can anyone help me? Is there a mod that knows something about this?

3. I just subscribed to this thread and specified instant notifications. Let's see if I will get an email once someone replies.

4. Testing for you!!

5. Sorry guys but I don't get any emails at all.. never have. Not even for this one.

6. I made some changes in the forum software, I think that may have fixed it. I got the email for your response just now.

7. Thanks, but I am still not getting anything. I have checked my spam folder and nothing there. Again I have never gotten any sort of email from this site. I just can't understand this...

8. Did you perhaps uncheck that you can receive emails from the forum admin? You can change that option in the Control Panel... if you turn that off, the forum won't dispatch any emails to you.

P.S. I got a notification for this last post of yours, too.

9. okay here are the options

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option. Receive Email from Administrators
    You can allow other members to send you email messages.

Both are checked. Should I uncheck them? Also for default thread subscription mode I have it set to "instant email notification". And kind of OT, but I am trying to get access to marketplace and I did all that was required, but never got an email and I just guessed I wasn't approved, but now I wonder if its a problem with my email with this specific site since I don't get any other emails???

10. You may want to remove your subscriptions and renew them. I wish I had a better answer, but I don't. :shrugs: