Please help! Paypal fraud chargeback!!

I transferred the money to my bank account, but then my paypal account went into negative numbers. I called paypal, but since they are in the philippines, they said there is nothing they can do. I tried calling the post office to stop shipment, but they aren't open. Does anyone know a number I can call? I'm so nervous and upset. I just don't know what to do. I don't think I'll ever use paypal/ebay again.

efusik said:
FIRST OFF I MUST APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG POST. :whistle:

The same exact thing happened to me. In Sept 2005 I sold 2 Louis Vuitton purses, 1 Gucci purse and a Louis Vuitton cosmetic pouch...all AUTHENTIC.

The buyer and I had exchanged quite a few emails before the auction was over. I emailed her additional pictures and video taken w/my digital camera. When she won the auction she stated she didn't want insurance. She also asked for my telephone number because I had stated that the sale was final.

I informed her that I would send the items w/Signature Confirmation. She received the items at the end of that same month. She never left me feedback nor did I leave her any. Now I had a funny feeling about the transaction because she asked all questions under one username but purchased the items under another. Done or so I thought. :amuse:

This lady had the nerve to file a chargeback against me in Feb 2006. She stated I misrepresented my items. I called Paypal over and over asking if they got all the email correspondence I fowarded between us because I had kept it all.

I emailed her and told her that I fowarded all email correspondence and pictures/videos between us. Two days later she cancelled the chargeback.

At this point I'm thinking: Great I won, she probably thought I didn't keep copies of anything. :amuse:

Two months go by and in April I get an email from Paypal saying that they were taking the money out of my account. Boy did I lose it. :mad: They told me I didn't qualify for the Seller Protection Policy because she claimed that I "misrepresented" the items. I told them that they should take the money out of her account too because she never informed me or returned any of the items. I told them that I was scared that she would try to replace my authentic items with fakes. I also told them that she had sold all the items I sold her w/in 2 months of receiving the items.

I kept calling and calling for 5 days but no one at Paypal would help me. Then I received a call from a Paypal supervisor who had monitored one of the calls I placed. She told me she called this lady and questioned her about the transaction. The buyer told her that she filed the chargeback because she never received the items. LIE - I had the signature confirmation to prove it. The Paypal supervisor then asked her that if that was in fact the case, why did she state the items were misrepresented in the chargeback claim.

Well the Paypal supervisor stayed on the line w/the buyer and made her credit me the funds taken by the credit card company.

It was a horrible experience, and I'm so very sorry that it has happened to you. Hopefully you have copies of all correspondence between you two.

Don't give up. Keep calling and hopefully you'll speak to someone who is being monitored by a supervisor.

OMG :amazed: This is such a horrible experience! But i'm glad to know that everything worked out for you.

You need to go to the Post Office where you sent the package from. Tell them you need to stop shipment. My dad works for them. What city and state are you in. I can see if he can look up a phone number. I can't make any promises because he may only have the directory for San Francisco. I'll ask him tomorrow when he gets to work.

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I think the fact its an international sale complicates things. Maybe you can try posting or searching on some of the Ebay community boards for help? Good luck.

Try calling Paypal during the day, when you can call when it's between 8-5 CENTRAL TIME. You should get the call center in Omaha Nebraska.

Ask for a supervisor.... Demand that a fraud investigation be opened on the buyer. Filing a chargeback requires an affadavit be filed under penalty of perjury.

1- 888- 221- 1161

doublec31 said:
I transferred the money to my bank account, but then my paypal account went into negative numbers. I called paypal, but since they are in the philippines, they said there is nothing they can do. I tried calling the post office to stop shipment, but they aren't open. Does anyone know a number I can call? I'm so nervous and upset. I just don't know what to do. I don't think I'll ever use paypal/ebay
again.

paypal is in the philippines????:huh: :shocked: :oh:

I think you may have to go to the post office to stop a shipment.

One thing that you could have done, is told the seller to wait until you have moved your money into your bank account. I think.

Ayeee, it's so upsetting to hear that people have found yet another way to steal on Paypal. I hope this all gets resolved soon, doublec31! Like the other PFers say, don't stop arguing until you get your cash back :rant: !

doublec31 said:
I transferred the money to my bank account, but then my paypal account went into negative numbers. I called paypal, but since they are in the philippines, they said there is nothing they can do. I tried calling the post office to stop shipment, but they aren't open. Does anyone know a number I can call? I'm so nervous and upset. I just don't know what to do. I don't think I'll ever use paypal/ebay again.
SO glad you have the money! So technically you're not out anything.That's very good news.

I too hate Paypal. Sellers are scammed all the time.

I had a buyer who received her $300. item late (thanks to the PO!) file a chargeback against me. She simply had buyer's remorse! I fought this foolishness but she "won". She sent me back the item, my Paypal account was debited but since I never leave funds in there, there was nothing to take. My Paypal account was eventually frozen which is fine by me. I have the item AND the $$! :yes: Paypal can kiss my axe! This is many months ago and Paypal has not chased me.
Let Paypal go after that con artist! Don't be upset. YOU'RE not the fraud!!

Anyone who has not done so really needs to read www.nopaypal.com

doublec31 - This exact thing is happening to me. The buyer made payment and I shipped the item (to the Philippines) on May 8. Paypal sent me a message that it was unauthorized funds. It's still under investigation.

The money has been transferred to my account a few weeks ago - but now my Paypal balance is negative.

This was a LOT of money too...I'm sick over it. The buyer even asked me to package it nicely and include a b-day card since it was a gift. Of course I did it. Someone buying an expensive purse for their wife captured my heart. What a joke...

International transactions for sellers through Paypal are a nightmare!!
It seems as though there is no protection for sellers. I am so sorry this
happened to you, happy that you have the money in your account already. The worst that can happen is that Paypal can freeze your account while everything gets worked out. I don't ship internationally
with Paypal period. I hope this works out for you, we all have our fingers and toes crossed.