Please Help My Lanvin Ballet Pumps

no problem! they're on perrins court just opposite of villa bianca..

i was going to have mine re-soled in helsinki and i specified that i wanted a light sole, not black (mine are tan) and the guy pulled out this outrageously thick sole and said that's the thinnest they had :wtf: i swear it must have been a cm thick :yucky: so i said i'd take them elsewhere..

oooh and there's another place, it's called something like half moon shoe repairs, it's on half moon street off piccadilly. they're good as well. and classic shoes (i think it's in camden, jimmy choo use them for their repairs) are good too from what i hear but i haven't used them.

I just called Perrins and he didn't sound too horrified which is better than the reaction my local shoe repair place gave me!

Sounds like your cobbler tried to put on the same one my did.......I nearly died!! :wtf:

:lol: yeah i'm glad i checked first! i like to have my heel tips and things done in helsinki because i can charge it to my mother's account instead of paying myself :shame: but i'm not ruining my shoes with something like that so i'll take them in the next time i'm in london..

And lucky you for living in a beautiful country surrounded by all those Moomins goodies!

stinky_tn.jpg

i have a stinky mug too :biggrin: everyone at uni kept borrowing it (in copenhagen we all have our own mugs and pay something like £2 per month for unlimited coffee and tea) and not washing it afterwards :yucky: so i had to put dymo labels on it warning them that stinky would ensure they'd meet a terrible fate if they didn't stop :lol:

I had mine zipsoled before ever wearing them and I have been wearing them a lot and they are fine. You have to find someone really good at it. My cobbler only did the front and heel since that is where they touch the ground and as not to put too much weight on the shoe.

Yes, my cobbler only covered the front and back he left about 2.5 inch uncovered like right under the arch. He explained that it wouldn't touch the ground and it would keep the shoe lighter. I have been wearing them for months without any sign of wear to the bottom.

Fantastic! Well my pal is checking out Angelo's in NY as they are supposed to be great and will see what they come up with......my Lanvin's could be having a vacation soon :P

where'd u get them Mooks? I thought everywhere was sold out? I so badly want a pair!!!
With the sole being so thin, does that mean you can feel the ground when you walk? My Steve Madden Tourist flats are like that and it really drives me nuts!