Please help! Mean SA tried to accuse me of destroying her bag!

Can you PM me her name? This is the closest store for me and I don't want to deal with her. I'm thinking about getting my first city bag :smile:
BTW I hate attitude of some SA in Costa Mesa :/

Unbelievable and unacceptable. Now that you are dealing with Bal corporate, please post her name for all to see. We all post our favorite SA's, there should be somewhere to post ones that fall short in CS areas. This woman needs to be avoided at all costs.

ITA on all counts. Another vote for posting the woman's name. Funny, I have called almost every Bal store in the USA and bought from several. I've had some great SA's help me EXCEPT for when I called the Costa Mesa store!! I bet it is the same horrid woman.

I hope Bal Corporate sees this thread and sees her name!!

Trust me, I was so upset last night that I wanted to post her name all over the internet. But it felt wrong and I didn't do it. I did report her in my letter to Bal corporate, so hopefully they will do something about it.

I've Pm'ed almost every one who's interested in knowing this SA's name. It seems that people who know her don't have anything good to say about her at all. Anyway, I hope that this is the last time I'll have to deal with her.

You should really out her. You are being really nice by not doing it, however her actions do not deserve the kindness. At this point it would be good for all to see so they steer clear of her.

Sorry this happened to you!

I totally agree that she shouldn't have 'conditioned' the bag before sending it to you, and obviously that's the least of the problems here.

If Costa Mesa store was not aware of the situation..they are now, I hope the SA gets disciplined and you get at least an apology!

I'm new in the purse forum and having heard this story horrifies me!!! How can the SA be so rude??? I agree with ceejay, if they cannot deal with customers, they do really need to look for different jobs :smile:

You should really out her. You are being really nice by not doing it, however her actions do not deserve the kindness. At this point it would be good for all to see so they steer clear of her.

Hi, saira1214. You are right. I'm actually waiting to hear back from Bal corporate. If Balenciaga thinks that this SA's behavior is acceptable doesn't want to do anything about it, then I'll post her name so that people can avoid her in the future.

OP, pm'ed you.

Thank you for the contact info!

I still haven't got any reply from Bal, so today I had to spend another $30 on shipping to mail the bag back AGAIN :sad: Honestly I've wasted so much time and money now that I don't even care whether this SA apologizes or not. All I ask is that Bal customer care will take over everything so that I don't need to deal with this SA again.

Thank you for the contact info!

I still haven't got any reply from Bal, so today I had to spend another $30 on shipping to mail the bag back AGAIN :sad: Honestly I've wasted so much time and money now that I don't even care whether this SA apologizes or not. All I ask is that Bal customer care will take over everything so that I don't need to deal with this SA again.

Keep us posted, I'll be surprised if that SA still has a job with CM Bal after this.

Wow Lily, this is still not resolved? I hope you get a resolution soon.

The only SA I deal with at the CM store is Steve... Seriously, he's the nicest and most patient SA there..... So if you need help picking out a Bal, make sure you call first to make sure he is there to help you...

Please pardon my rambling. I'm still shaking from anger as I type...

This afternoon while I was having lunch with a friend, I received a phone call from the Costa Mesa store SA, who did an exchange for my dark violet city a few days ago. The first thing she said was that she has received my return and she believed that I purposely destroyed the leather on that bag so that I can return it to her store. She said that she put the nourishing cream on the bag prior sending it to me:shocked:, and there's no way that she would sell a bag to her customers at this condition, blah, blah...I was so appalled at her accusation and did not know how to react at first.

It took me a minute to calm myself and try to explain to her that I saw the bag's leather problem right out of the box and I sent everything back to her the next day. She then continued saying that I might have bought a different bag from another store and sent the defective one to her because of the other DV pictures I emailed her for leather preference:confused1: Although I failed to see the connection there, I told her that those DV pictures were from the Purse Forum and even if I did buy from another store, I could have returned the defective bag to that store and there's no point for me to go through all these trouble to return my other store's purchase to her. Then she said there's no way that I could send Purse Forum's pictures to her and I shouldn't believe what people were saying at the Forum. At that point I was so exasperated so I told her that I have a perfect history with other Bal stores at Las Vegas, London, Cannes, etc and I have never made a single return/exchange at those stores. Well, then she said she has checked my record and it showed that I have never bought from Bal :faint:

Finally she agreed to do another exchange for me but this time she will take pictures of the whole bag so that I cannot return any more defective bags to her. The whole conversation happened inside a restaurant, and by the time I got out of the phone, I was almost on tears because of the humiliation and anger I felt. My friend who was with me at the lunch could not believe his ears when he overheard what the SA was saying. He knew that I've been a long time Bal customer, and he said I should never take this kind of abuse from a SA. I really don't know what to do at this point? Is there a higher up manager that I can contact with if I have further problems from this store?

Here are the pictures of the bag that the SA sent me. She accused me of rubbing the leather to make it look like this. Is it even possible? I have every right to return the bag to her if I'm not happy with my purchase. Why would I take the trouble of destroying the bag to make my return legitimate?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
Oh my. That worries me. That is really bad customer service. You should definitely take it to a higher manager.

she's theeeeee best.

me and my mom shopped there and was sort of just window browsing... but she went ahead and showed me all these different colors. in the end i didnt end up buying a bag, but my mom bought one of those mini city bag keychains cus she was just toooooo sweet

very talkative... chatted with us about different things and other brands and other bags

GO SHOP THERE AND ASK FOR KIMBERLY! ASIAN GIRL SUPER SWEET BIG SMILE

I'm shocked at the state of that bag, as well. How anyone except the original tanning process could cause that bag to be like that, I can't even imagine. That Bal would send the bag to a store is horrifying and that a store would send it to a customer is almost unbelievable.

I don't normally visit the Bal forum but this thread caught my eye. Tend to agree with Melisande, that part of the leather looks like it went thru too much of the distressing process. If it helps to make OP's argument, one can see the grain that is exposed is already dyed, it's not like it was scraped postsale; otherwise one would see exposed white leather grain bits. All I see is an overly distressed leather in one color.

If this happened to me, I'd be tempted to arm myself with a couple of assertive friends and enter the store to demand everything be resolved with that bully of an SA.