Please Help me Im going MAD...

Baggaholic what size and colour is your trim.......?

Rose that is a gorgeous bag... where they a ltd edition or are they still available?

Can you dress up a trim with charms and twillys or is that a big no no ?:confused1:

Baggaholic what size and colour is your trim.......?

Rose that is a gorgeous bag... where they a ltd edition or are they still available?

Can you dress up a trim with charms and twillys or is that a big no no ?:confused1:

The 225 is a limited edition issued on the 50th ann of the launch of that bag by Coco Chanel. It is stamped with the year on the inside flap (2005). The second one is from the 2006 collection. They are both sold out in the C stores but you can be lucky and still find them in the backrooms of Bloomies, saks, NM.....

I love my Trim and think it's a great shoulder bag. Stylish yet classic and totally functional. Just try it out for size and see if you make a love connection w/ the bag.

Btw, I adore Ebene. Great color!

What about a Bottega Veneta woven shoulder bag. It's lightweight, comes in lots of colors and holds a lot and has an easy zipper top access. I think that meets your "easy slung" requirement and it's acasual but still classy bag.

I like Chanel also for shoulder bags but the reissue is structured and won't hold much kid stuff. The cruise coco cabas can be worn on the shoulder and holds a ton but it just has a snap closure.

Since my Birkin is at the spa, I've been carrying around my Trim 31 a lot lately. Love it! And I have 2 young kids. Next time, I'd choose the 35cm size for more interior space, though.
Also, the Evelyne is a great bag for your needs and can be turned into a shoulder bag by attaching a sterling charm or Twilly.

BG, do you carry a lot in your bags? I have a 35cm Trim II (with the 2 pockets) in Clemence and think it would be absolutely beautiful in the Ebene. The only thing I would caution you about is that the opening took some getting used to for an avid Birkin user who was used to dumping things in her bag with great ease. Having to fuss with a zipper was a new thing for me but I still love the bag as I think it looks fantastic on and molds nicely to the body. I also added a cadena on the clip--I felt it needed that otherwise it looked a bit plain to me. If you're looking at other brands I really love my Chanel Vintage Ligne Black Square tote; holds a ton, easy access, and looks quite chic.

Am going to ring store today about trim would love to see your trim with the charm orchids is it in the reference section ?

BG, here's a pic of the bag with the elephant charm. I've since changed it to a lighter-weight charm--the Pegasus, which is perfect for the Trim IMO--it's very lightweight and lies flatter against the bag. When it's a heavier charm, it gets annoying lifting up that strap to get to the zipper. I found that the cadena looks best when you attach it to the clip and not to the circular loops--it hangs just right. HTH! Let us know what happens! Definitely play with the opening and the clip a bit. I don't clip mine to the circular loops b/c of the cadena but it took some getting used to.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=93606&d=1163551185

Thanks orchids for the pic ... i love your trim.. do they all have zips? Rose thanks for pics .. i have store credit as i returned the sac en vie.. just dont want to make an other hermes mistake !will be in the store monday.. do you think ebene goes with lots , as all my hermes are bvright im a bit scared of dark colours!:yes:

Birkin girl...I had a similar predicament to you....finally decided on a Bottega instead. I also am thinking still about getting a Lindy since it has that shoulder strap and looks slouchy...have you given any thought to that?

Thanks orchids for the pic ... i love your trim.. do they all have zips? Rose thanks for pics .. i have store credit as i returned the sac en vie.. just dont want to make an other hermes mistake !will be in the store monday.. do you think ebene goes with lots , as all my hermes are bvright im a bit scared of dark colours!:yes:

BG--do you mean zipper running across the top? Yes they do. Mine is a 35cm Trim II, slightly wider and has two interior compartments unlike the Trim I which is slimmer and doesn't have the extra pockets. I just got an Ebene Bolide and I love the color; it is a very dark brown with cool undertones and I think it goes with everything. Have fun on Monday and let us know what you decide.

I just wanted to second the Massai. It is simpler than some of the bags shown or mentioned previously, but is a wonderful everyday bag -- although I am tall so that could be a consideration. The zip closure is beyond easy and it comes with 2 straps for variety ....just a thought.
I do really enjoy my 2 BV bags, one shoulder bag and one tote, also simple, durable and easy, yet classic looking, without any pretentions.
I wish you Good Luck in finding a bag that will work out for you on a day-to-day basis:smile: !! Do let us know what you decide.