please help me find my dream kelly (long post)

1. Hi ladies.....
    I am not a regular poster... However I am a regular lurker....:p
    I am currently dying for a kelly.... but running into a few problems in my quest of finding this kelly...

The first problem that I encouter in my quest of finding my draem kelly is that I have no boutique near by (I live in the middle of nowhere). Ideally, I would like to purchase from a store in the northeast because I have family in the area and I go there at least once a year.

Another problem is that... I dont know if I can do phone order.... I called a boutique a while back and they refused to sell me a kelly over the phone. They let me buy other things over the phone (bolide, trim), just not kelly and birkin (obviously)... but I dont want a birkin atm. maybe in the next 5 years....
    I guess I "could" fly down to the boutique if I am sure that the kelly that I want will be there. But how do I know? They did not even want to tell me what is in stock?

What should I do to finally get my dream kelly? Is going to the boutique really the only way I can get my little hands on that kelly?

thanks....

2. well a thought: call Hermes NY and ask for the manager. tell her just what you told us. dont mention a birkin at all. just say you really want a "blank" color kelly and the size. can she help you?

3. Try to establish a relationship with an SA when you do go in (you mentioned that you o come over to NYC at least once a year). If you are visiting for a week or so , go in several times, and then let you SA know what you want.... he/she will call you.

4. They understand if you are out of town, but you will need at least one visit in person. If you go to NYC, they usually have quite a few Kellys to choose from. If not, find a SA that you like and express your wishes. They should be able to help you. Good luck and keep us posted!

5. First of all, what Kelly and in what combination do you long for?

Also, where does your family live?

6. Hermesaholic... I am not interested in a birkin now... so I def will not even ask for that....

KB.... when I go east, I can either go to NYC store or KOP store...
    I am dying for eihther fuschia or rose shocking kelly....

The next time I will go east is in August... I could wait til then... but the wait is killing me.

Rose, That is what I was thinking also... I can stop by the store everytime I go east to visit relatives..

But when i called this boutique (not any of the northeastern boutiques), I asked the SA if she needs me to pick up the kelly... or whether I can order the kelly over the phone and whenever I visit the area (my good friend from college live a couple of hours away from this boutique) I can stop by....
    The SA insisted that I have to pick it up.
    I really dont mind stopping by the store when I am in the area... but taking a gamble and fly down to find a kelly is a bit much for me (unless of course I know for sure the kelly will be there)

7. ^^^ Get another SA. Once you have established a relationship with a store and they have you cc details on file (and you have them on speed dial, lol), there will be no problem paying for the kelly (or Birkin) over the phone and having it shipped to you.

8. MLP...I think NY would be a great choice. They have much more inventory over KoP and you could frequent H many times on a visit. You would be able to leave your credit card on file and they would have notated what your Kelly preferences are. I feel if you establish yourself nicely on your visits it would probably work for you.

Just wondering...has anyone seen rose shocking of fuchsia kellys at boutiques anyway (as of recent)?

9. The reason they insist you pick it up is that they want you to physically come into the store and leave your credit card information. Once that is established, it shouldn't be a problem sending you a bag. They just can't do it sight unseen. That opens the store up to all sorts of scams.

10. HG, I thought the scam thing was the reason why.... Thats why I told the SA I can stop by when I am in the area (I am hoping to visit my friend soon because I havent seen him for 2 years)... But she insisted that it has to be picked up because they dont have very many bags in stock.

I guess I will try the NYC store and see what they say....

Thanks for your help ladies....

11. ^^^ I love that seller too!

12. Thanks ladies...
    That bag is very pretty..... But I want to see if I can get it from a store first....
    Any sighting of fuschia or rose shocking kelly anywhere?

13. Rose shocking Kellys have been popping up in NYC. Fuschia, not so much.

14. Ooh! Rose Shocking is very shocking indeed. Thats definaylt arm candy! Good luck!

Do you know what size your looking for, hardware, retourn or sellier?