Please help me decide which LV for a gift!

1. Ok, so I know I'm seriously bugging y'all for your thoughts but you're so very versed and I knew I could count on you guys! Anyway, having pleasant experiences w/ my LV's and hopefully another great experience when I take my new baby (Ribera MM) out for a test drive, I've been thinking all night and I'm going to spring for a surprise gift for my best friend who is graduating from med school in a few months. She's petite like me and very understated and classy. She's mentioned she likes simple lines like the small Batignolles (the hand held one) and the mini-looping bag (w/ the flap closure) and a few others but those are the only ones that stick out in my mind? What do you think is the best bet and why? TIA?!
  2. Here are some pics...
  3. I think the batignolles is cute and it isn't too big but it's not too small either.

I'm not a big fan of the mini looping so that's why I chose the batignolles.
  4. Definitely the batignolles, because the strap on the mini looping bag is a DRAG! (It is round and not flat; therefore slipping and sliding all while hurting your shoulder)
  5. I totally agree! The batignolles, for sure. The strap on the looping is a real hassle!
  6. Does anyone know if the smaller Batignolles fits easily in the crook of your arm?