Please help me choose some ankle boots :)

mary79

O.G.
Jun 17, 2011
Hi everyone. I want to purchase some ankle boots to wear in the following months. My wish list:

1) A mid heel or flat (must be comfy to walk in!). I'm pretty tall so extra height is not needed.
2) non delicate material (i.e. leather rather than suede)
3) Neutral colour to go with different clothes. I wear lots of jeans, but would also like to wear them with casual dresses. I already have knee-high leather boots in grey leather and another pair in brown leather, so black might be my best bet?
4) Not too expensive... hopefully under about 250, although I could invest more in some really nice ones.

Any suggestions? TIA!

I'd look into Vince Camuto, Nine West, other brands in your price zone. I think Nordstrom has a pretty nice selection online you can peruse after you slice and dice your search criteria. It's helpful to read the reviews if people leave them. Frye seems to be a very popular brand. Also Paul Green and Donald Pliner. Aldo brand as a stand alone store.

Many times you can luck out with a more expensive brand that goes on sale and then falls into your price range.

Nordstrom has a really good selection! I just bought a pair of Fiorentini & Baker booties and I love them I am picky and hate breaking in boots and these are comfy right out of the box (they were around $500 though)
They have a lot under $250 also :smile: