PLEASE help! I've found a stray and don't know what to do

You guys-- the sleepover was a great success! This little gal is quick to adjust :love: My friend is in love with her. Apparently she was the perfect little lady. Her lab boy and my little gal played in her big fenced-yard all evening; and my friend was quite impressed because her cat didn't hiss at her at all, which is huge! :tender: Then she slept in a spare doggie bed for the whole night. I will pass along pictures when she sends them to me. I'm going to go and visit this afternoon to see her!

I also appreciate everyone's suggestions-- wordbox, I've done a lot to try and find a family and will keep doing so, thanks for the reminder. If anyone is trying to find her, they should be able to, as I've contacted all the vets in the area, placed signs around, put up online found ads, AND the local shelters.

Oh yes... and I think she has a name now. MAGGIE! :heart:

I also appreciate everyone's suggestions-- wordbox, I've done a lot to try and find a family and will keep doing so, thanks for the reminder. If anyone is trying to find her, they should be able to, as I've contacted all the vets in the area, placed signs around, put up online found ads, AND the local shelters.

Oh good. I'd hate for your friend to fall in love and then the dog gets all adjusted and comfortable with them, then have someone show up and say, "Hey, that's MY dog."

And agreed, good karma heading your way. Thanks for being a caring person. That's the way I ended up with one of my dogs; we found her when we went camping! We did find the owner and they didn't want her, and then we ended up adopting her through our humane society. She's my once in a lifetime dog, so hopefully MAGGIE has a similar story. :love:

Oh, Maggie is a perfect name! I had the sweetest dog named Maggie many years ago. She lived to be 15 years old.

Is your friend going to keep her, then? It sounds like a match made in heaven. Please let us know.

What a fantastic story. I am so glad that you were able to help her and that she was adopted so quickly!!

It boggles my mind that people can drop a dog off in the middle of nowhere as if they are disposable. I got my black lab, Logan, because someone dumped him at our local airport - It is great that there are great people to help abandoned animals - but it is always unfortunate that there are not enough of us to help them all.

Great ending for this lucky doggie though, and that is what matters!!

Here's a strange coincidence... I rang my mum last night and she told me about a labrador that appeared to have been dumped on their street :crybaby:
It was just walking up and down, into and out of gardens looking completely lost. Their neighbours gave it some food.
Anyway, the next morning the neighbours look out the front window and there's the lab sitting in their front garden just looking lost. It had a collar on but no tag.

So they rang the dog warden who came and caught it, but not before finding a potential new home with another neighbour if no-one comes to claim it. :heart:

I just wanted to say how wonderful a person/family you guys are for taking her in. What a beautiful dog she was, it just breaks my heart to see people abandon their animals. I'm so glad that seems to be fitting in well with your friend, that is so sweet of you to find her a home.

I have LOVED reading everyone's awesome responses to this thread. You all have kept me encouraged during this whole process and I appreciate it so much!!! THANK YOU!

Here's a strange coincidence... I rang my mum last night and she told me about a labrador that appeared to have been dumped on their street :crybaby:
It was just walking up and down, into and out of gardens looking completely lost. Their neighbours gave it some food.
Anyway, the next morning the neighbours look out the front window and there's the lab sitting in their front garden just looking lost. It had a collar on but no tag.

So they rang the dog warden who came and caught it, but not before finding a potential new home with another neighbour if no-one comes to claim it. :heart:

That's crazy IlovemyBug! Talk about a coincidence. I am amazed at people. Yay for them for taking the initiative to find that baby a new home! :love:

Loganz, you put it so well about people abandoning dogs. I'm so glad there are people like you around!

As far as my little baby goes-- apparently her fiance is "wavering" (her words) on keeping the dog. But guess what? My DH told me (when I called to tell him that, pretty upset) that "Tell them if they don't want to keep her we understand... we'll be glad to take her back to us." :yahoo: He misses having her around too. So either way, this little girl will be a-okay.