Please help Identify this Handbag!

Can anyone identify this bag?

southeastmarin201208120.jpg

I am trying to ID this bag carried by the late Princess Diana - any ideas?

Gucci 'Kelly'. I have my mother's in Lizard (people usually had to had to custom order exotics as they had to be handmade) They came in box leather, lizard, ostrich and croc.

I saw a pristine croc Gucci 'Kelly' in the window of Dress Box, Cheval Place, Knightsbridge (no site on line but phn # must be on the web somewhere. They also have a branch at Libertys) last Christmas in 'Rosso Carminio' Gucci's standard dark red (like H Bordeaux). they keep things for a long time if they're not sold.

You can still find them occasionally on eBay etc - just watch for the sizing, looking at Diana's Im not sure what size, but they came in 2 sizes, the larger 30cm. Not sure of the smaller size which was more standard. Both came with a shoulder strap so neg on price if you find one you like and no strap is offered. They are holding their price but not crazy. If you like I can find out the colour of Princess Di's so we can ID the actual model number.

Last edited:
Hi all:

Recently purchased this older snakeskin bag. The seller said it was from the 1940s. There are no marks inside or out. But I was thinking maybe, just maybe, the hardware might be a logo. Anyone?

It's Lizard/Karrang. But I think it's probably from the early 1970s posing as a late 1930s-late-1940s bag (retro-chic du jour). If your thinking Gucci then :nogood:

Hi, my friend has this purse and i want to know what model it is. Since I am new to Chanel i do not know much. Can anyone help me know what model that is?? Sorry that is the only picture i have.
Thank You!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 9.42.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 9.42.32 AM.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 232
Thanks so much. Wasn't thinking Gucci, was hoping it would be from some interesting local company that no one ever heard of!

Could be. If its good leather inside as well as out, the name might have rubbed off it it was just gold embossed. It certainly looks beautiful with lots of detail. It is a lot like the Gucci 1973 shoulder flap with G detail, especially the handle which is why I thought you might have seen the similarities too :biggrin: