Please help - I need to get out of this eBay auction!

deweydrop

Coach wh*re
Nov 29, 2006
normally do my homework on all bags...dunno how this slipped by me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017

the leather on the Coach price tag is wrong...it shouldn't be there
94940733_tp.jpg

this is confirmed AAA fake.

I have not paid (thankfully)...how do I get out of this auction? The auction doesn't mention "authenticity" (i know - I got excited...bad me).

but I am NOT paying for this bag. if i have to take a NPB/neg, that's fine...

It doesn't have to mention authenticity the listing header says
coach handbag signature reversible tote 10125 FREE SH

Tell her that you have posted the bag and it was confirmed a fake and you would like to agree to a mutual agreement to not complete the auction. Maybe she doesn't know it is not real. See what she says... You can always report the auction to Ebay as a fake.

Yeah, I don't think it's real. I have a Signature Stripe bag in with blue, and the creed is made of natural colored vachetta leather (not a color matching the trim). And the number on the creed has a ten number/letter combo. However, I've seen them in colors matching the trim also. Also, my "C's" don't line up to look like 'O's" on the outer seam.

This is the same fake bag- only in brown. Same leather price tag.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-COACH-Signa...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It also has the exact same four-five number serial code on the creed. And the "C's" line up to look like "O's" on the outer seam too. Also, the stitches on the creed (and a few other places) slant inwards- Coach stitching is perfectly straight.

Tell her that.

It looks like a really good fake, which is pretty scary if you ask me.

sorry...the other thread got really long...

the seller got back to me...heheh

this was my email to her:
This listing lists this bag as a Coach handbag. Upon further inspection, this is not an authentic Coach bag.

I have posted this auction at a reputable authenticating website, and it was confirmed a fake.

I would like it if you would agree to a mutual agreement to not complete this auction with me.

and her reply:

You clearly see in my listing that i got this as a gift I would not have any reason to think it was fake and i still do not think it is fake you should have never end up bidding on this in the first place do your research then bid real funny i will end this with you but next time another ebayer would not take this lightly i have no time to waste with people who bid then complain.

lol...oookay.

so I have an email from ebay "Unpaid item mutual agreement" (i'm new with this - so help me out here"

my options are
1. I agreed not to complete this transaction and/or return the item.
The seller will be eligible for a refund of their eBay fees.

2. We have not made an agreement to cancel this transaction.
The seller will NOT be eligible for a refund of their eBay fees.

I don't want to pay her eBay fees for a fake bag! Should I hold off on responding to this and see if the auction gets pulled? There is a place for me to enter comments...can I put in there that the bag is a fake and violates eBay standards? Does some "person" actually review these things?

I don't plan on responding to her email...or do you think i should?

This listing lists this bag as a Coach handbag. Upon further inspection, this is not an authentic Coach bag.
I have posted this auction at a reputable authenticating website, and it was confirmed a fake.
I would like it if you would agree to a mutual agreement to not complete this auction with me.

and her reply:

You clearly see in my listing that i got this as a gift I would not have any reason to think it was fake and i still do not think it is fake you should have never end up bidding on this in the first place do your research then bid real funny i will end this with you but next time another ebayer would not take this lightly i have no time to waste with people who bid then complain.

lol...oookay.

so I have an email from ebay "Unpaid item mutual agreement" (i'm new with this - so help me out here)

my options are

I don't want to pay her eBay fees for a fake bag! Should I hold off on responding to this and see if the auction gets pulled? There is a place for me to enter comments...can I put in there that the bag is a fake and violates eBay standards? Does some "person" actually review these things?

sorry...the other thread got really long...

and her reply:

lol...oookay.

so I have an email from ebay "Unpaid item mutual agreement" (i'm new with this - so help me out here"

my options are

I'd go with option #1. It sounds like she did agree not to complete the transaction. You don't have to pay her fees. Those are the fees that ebay charges the seller when an auction closes based on the item's selling price. Ebay will simply credit them back to the seller as if her item never sold.

I'd go with option #1. It sounds like she did agree not to complete the transaction. You don't have to pay her fees. Those are the fees that ebay charges the seller when an auction closes based on the item's selling price. Ebay will simply credit them back to the seller as if her item never sold.

oh, so *I* don't have to actually pay these fees?

duh...dunno why I thought that! LOL - thanks for clearing that up! (I've never sold on eBay...to all you that do...bless your hearts...)

thanks!

No, you definitely don't have to pay those fees (I've been ebaying for 8 years).
I would just agree to mutually end the transaction and be done with it. She probably won't leave negative feedback in fear of you doing the same.

^Exactly -- choose option one and be done with it. That seller is a complete PITA. SHE is the one who needs to do her research, as it is against eBay policy to list something if you do not know the authenticity.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/authenticity-disclaimers.html

"Sellers may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for, the authenticity or legality of the items offered in their listings. Sellers should take steps to ensure that their items are authentic before listing them on eBay. If a seller cannot verify the authenticity of an item, the seller is not permitted to list it."