Please help!! How should I handle the customs question for LT purchase?

1. I recently purchased a LV wish bracelet from LT for $170.

I got a notice from the German customs office. On the custom form, LT had marked it as gift w/ a value of $50. But because the form was in English, I think the custom officers were confused.

So I have to go & pick it up in person. Since LT declared the value to be $50, should I stick to that, or would the custom officer ask to see a copy of my Paypal receipt? I'm just worried that I will get a fine because the value of the bracelet was under declared.

My German is limited, so it's going to make everything that much more confusing....

Thanks for your help.
  2. That sounds strange. Customs works with thousands of parcels with English declarations every day, even if German is the language there (as it is in parts of Switzerland). Why didn't they ask for a receipt instead of you having to go there? I'd take the paypal receipt with you just in case.
  3. I've no idea. I get packages from my parents in the U.S. all the time, and I never had any trouble.

The form I received says I need to provide description of item in the German language (which I can do).

Do you think it would be OK if I show them a Paypal receipt of $170 while the custom form only says $50?

Thanks so much.